Woocoomerce installation failing on Multisite Local

Showing this error:
Installation failed: Could not create directory. woocommerce/packages/woocommerce-admin/dist/analytics-report-categories~analytics-report-coupons~analytics-report-customers~analytics-report-dow~99eefb40

Pls help.

I’m also getting this error with every site I try to create and install woocommerce. Seems to be happening because I updated to a new version of Local.

Hey @jlew and @tamalh,

Got a few questions for you both to try to help pinpoint the issue. What OS, webserver and PHP version are you both on?

@tamalh is your error happening on new sites?

And if it is only happening on the newest version of Local, if you downgrade do you still see the same issue?

Hello!
I installed LOCAL to my laptop, setup for Multi site. On this first site, tried to install Woocommerce. Today it failed saying CURL error. Yesterday said gave the prev message.

Webserver: Nginx
PHP : 7.3.5
MySQL : 8.0.16
Wordpress : 5.4.1

This is for local installation at my hp laptop.

Same problem here.
I used preffered settings for servers and database but woocommerce installation doesn’t work.

Installation failed: Could not create directory. woocommerce/packages/woocommerce-admin/dist/analytics-report-categories~analytics-report-coupons~analytics-report-customers~analytics-report-dow~99eefb40

Having a problem with installing Woocommerce. Here is the error message I receive

Do you know why I cannot install Woocommerce?

Thank you

I’m seeing the same error message when I try to install Woocommerce. I think the problem is with Woocommerce 4.2 which was just released last week. That long folder name, woocommerce/packages/woocommerce-admin/dist/analytics-report-categories~analytics-report-coupons~analytics-report-customers~analytics-report-dow~99eefb40, doesn’t look like something that should be in their production builds.

In the meantime, I’ve installed the previous version (4.1.1) and that seems to work fine.

Hi Bryan21,
Can you pls tell me how to download the version 4.1.1? Is it safe to use? Pls advise. Thank you.

Hey Tamalh.
Go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/advanced/.
Scroll down to the bottom and you will find

Please select a specific version to download.

Select it and ur ready to go again.

Hi davici,
Thank you very much.
But why it says previous versions may not be safe? Thank you.

Hey Tamalh, it’s true that older versions may not have the latest security updates, deeming them potentially unsafe, but as far as I know, there aren’t any major security issues with version 4.1.1. If you’re concerned, you could always wait until the problems related to version 4.2 get sorted and install Woocommerce then.

Same problem here, except my site is NOT multisite, so doesn’t look like it has anything to do with that.

I went ahead and downloaded WC 4.2 from the link @davici provided and tried to install it by uploading via the WP plugins page. Same error message, which leads me to believe this could be some sort of php/Windows bug related to long folder names.

Finally I manually copied woocommerce into the plugins folder, and it worked.

Hi, could you please explain how to manually copy who commerce into the plugin folder? Sorry, newbie at this.

Hi, my previous post was flagged, dont know why or by who…any moderator that could explain?
My question was regarding a problem I have when trying to install who commerce. This is the error Im getting: Installation failed: Could not create directory.

Should I install the previous version of wc? Thanks for any help.

Hi Guifer, I had the same problem but I got it working, on my localhost.I am using Local by Flywheel (not Multisite). To do this, go to wordpress.org and download woocommerce (make sure you know, where on your PC, you are downloading it to). Then drag (not copy) the downloaded zip file, to the plugins folder in wordpress (called wp-content).

So you will first have to locate, the wp-content folder on your hard drive (mine was in users). You could search your hard drive for wp-content, then right click the file, to identify its location. The plugins folder will be in, the wp-content folder.Then when you have transfered the woocommerce zip file to the plugins folder, go to your wordpress Dashboard, click Plugins and click Add New. Then click upload plugin and install.Hope this works for you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.