WP admin - page not found

I can’t access WP Admin for my site. I get a page not found message.
I can open the site and move around it.

One or two sentence summary of the issue.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? I only have this site

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? Yes, just created one and it went to the admin login & then dashboard.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? Local 6.7.2+6375

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used? macOS Big Sur 11.7.4

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @DHS

So this is a brand new site you just created in Local or is it a site that you imported?

Can you attach your Local Log? Retrieving Local’s Log File

Hi @Nick-B , Thanks for replying - it was a site that was duplicate using duplicator pro - the original site has loads of plugins that need updating, and the Wordpress version also needed updating. I suspect I made the situation worse by attempting to troubleshoot, so in the end, I deleted the site, and am starting fresh.

1 Like

Hi @DHS

Working without outdated versions of plugins, WordPress and PHP could definitely cause some conflicts. One thing you might try if you run into the same issue again is deactivating all of the plugins via the Open Site Shell option in your Local app. That might allow for normal Dashboard function to resume.

Do check the WordPress and PHP versions on the original site however to see if you can match them in Local. Otherwise you may need to do some other manual intervention to get the site going.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.