WP Error & Live Link error creating tunnel

I was updating Elementor, the site broke, so I rolled back to the previous verison and now when I try to create a live link in local I get the error attached.

On the site:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\page-assets\data-managers\base.php:242 Stack trace: #0 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\page-assets\data-managers\base.php(338): Elementor\Core\Page_Assets\Data_Managers\Base->get_saved_assets_data() #1 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(1210): Elementor\Core\Page_Assets\Data_Managers\Base->_construct() #2 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(1152): Elementor\Widget_Base->get_widgets_css_data_manager() #3 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(1205): Elementor\Widget_Base->get_widget_css() #4 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(624): Elementor\Widget_Base->print_widget_css() #5 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(750): Elementor\Widget_Base->render_content() #6 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(449): Elementor\Widget_Base->print_content() #7 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(1354): Elementor\Element_Base->print_element() #8 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(449): Elementor\Element_Base->print_content() #9 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(1354): Elementor\Element_Base->print_element() #10 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(449): Elementor\Element_Base->print_content() #11 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\base\document.php(1711): Elementor\Element_Base->print_element() #12 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\base\document.php(1106): Elementor\Core\Base\Document->print_elements(Array) #13 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\frontend.php(1179): Elementor\Core\Base\Document->print_elements_with_wrapper(Array) #14 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\frontend.php(1074): Elementor\Frontend->get_builder_content(10206) #15 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(308): Elementor\Frontend->apply_builder_in_content(’[rev_slider ali…’) #16 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’[rev_slider ali…’, Array) #17 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\post-template.php(255): apply_filters(‘the_content’, ‘[rev_slider ali…’) #18 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\template-parts\content\entry_content.php(27): the_content(‘Continue readin…’) #19 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(785): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #20 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(718): load_template(‘C:\Users\angel\…’, false, Array) #21 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\general-template.php(204): locate_template(Array, true, false, Array) #22 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\template-parts\content\single-entry.php(28): get_template_part(‘template-parts/…’, ‘page’) #23 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(785): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #24 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(718): load_template(‘C:\Users\angel\…’, false, Array) #25 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\general-template.php(204): locate_template(Array, true, false, Array) #26 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\inc\template-functions\single-functions.php(27): get_template_part(‘template-parts/…’, ‘page’) #27 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(308): TheBase\single_content(’’) #28 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #29 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #30 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\template-parts\content\single.php(34): do_action('thebase_single…’) #31 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(785): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #32 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(718): load_template(‘C:\Users\angel\…’, false, Array) #33 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\general-template.php(204): locate_template(Array, true, false, Array) #34 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\inc\template-functions\single-functions.php(20): get_template_part(‘template-parts/…’, ‘page’) #35 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(308): TheBase\single_markup(’’) #36 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #37 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #38 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\page.php(20): do_action(‘thebase_single’) #39 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template-loader.php(106): include(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #40 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #41 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\index.php(17): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #42 {main} thrown in C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\page-assets\data-managers\base.php on line 242

How can I fix this?

Everything was working finally and I updated Elementor hoping the images would show up in the live link preview and it broke everything.

Can someone assist in getting this fixed??

Thanks

Hi there @getampd -

To clarify after you update Elementor you received an error and then rolled back the Elementor version?

Are you receiving this error on the local version of the site or just in the Live Links version?

Have you tried stopping & restarting the Local site since you rolled back the Elementor version and then turning on Live Links?

Thanks!

Sam

@sambrockway
To clarify after you update Elementor you received an error and then rolled back the Elementor version?
Yes I updated and the site got messed up, showing the follwing code:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\page-assets\data-managers\base.php:242 Stack trace: #0 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\page-assets\data-managers\base.php(338): Elementor\Core\Page_Assets\Data_Managers\Base->get_saved_assets_data() #1 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(1210): Elementor\Core\Page_Assets\Data_Managers\Base->_construct() #2 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(1152): Elementor\Widget_Base->get_widgets_css_data_manager() #3 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(1205): Elementor\Widget_Base->get_widget_css() #4 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(624): Elementor\Widget_Base->print_widget_css() #5 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\widget-base.php(750): Elementor\Widget_Base->render_content() #6 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(449): Elementor\Widget_Base->print_content() #7 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(1354): Elementor\Element_Base->print_element() #8 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(449): Elementor\Element_Base->print_content() #9 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(1354): Elementor\Element_Base->print_element() #10 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\base\element-base.php(449): Elementor\Element_Base->print_content() #11 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\base\document.php(1711): Elementor\Element_Base->print_element() #12 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\base\document.php(1106): Elementor\Core\Base\Document->print_elements(Array) #13 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\frontend.php(1179): Elementor\Core\Base\Document->print_elements_with_wrapper(Array) #14 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\includes\frontend.php(1074): Elementor\Frontend->get_builder_content(10206) #15 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(308): Elementor\Frontend->apply_builder_in_content(’[rev_slider ali…’) #16 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’[rev_slider ali…’, Array) #17 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\post-template.php(255): apply_filters(‘the_content’, ‘[rev_slider ali…’) #18 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\template-parts\content\entry_content.php(27): the_content(‘Continue readin…’) #19 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(785): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #20 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(718): load_template(‘C:\Users\angel\…’, false, Array) #21 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\general-template.php(204): locate_template(Array, true, false, Array) #22 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\template-parts\content\single-entry.php(28): get_template_part(‘template-parts/…’, ‘page’) #23 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(785): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #24 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(718): load_template(‘C:\Users\angel\…’, false, Array) #25 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\general-template.php(204): locate_template(Array, true, false, Array) #26 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\inc\template-functions\single-functions.php(27): get_template_part(‘template-parts/…’, ‘page’) #27 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(308): TheBase\single_content(’’) #28 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #29 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #30 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\template-parts\content\single.php(34): do_action('thebase_single …’) #31 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(785): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #32 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template.php(718): load_template(‘C:\Users\angel\…’, false, Array) #33 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\general-template.php(204): locate_template(Array, true, false, Array) #34 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\inc\template-functions\single-functions.php(20): get_template_part(‘template-parts/…’, ‘page’) #35 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(308): TheBase\single_markup(’’) #36 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #37 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #38 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\themes\basetheme\page.php(20): do_action(‘thebase_single’) #39 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-includes\template-loader.php(106): include(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #40 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #41 C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\index.php(17): require(‘C:\Users\angel\…’) #42 {main} thrown in C:\Users\angel\Local Sites\greerstep-dev\app\public\wp-content\plugins\elementor\core\page-assets\data-managers\base.php on line 242

Are you receiving this error on the local version of the site or just in the Live Links version?
Both, versions before I stopped and restarted the website. Now the live link wont activate, I get the following error when trying to enable the live link:

Have you tried stopping & restarting the Local site since you rolled back the Elementor version and then turning on Live Links?
Yes, after I did this I got this error:

I didn’t change anything but I walked away from my computer to make dinner and when I came back the live links are working again without any errors.

1 Like

Hi @getampd -

I’m glad to hear it’s solved, maybe everything just needed some time to sync up again after the rollback.

Please let us know if you get stuck anywhere else along the way!

Sam

Hi @sambrockway

So I tried to start the site up and creat a live link today and I’m getting the error above again. How can I fix this?
https:/uploads/lwpforums/original/3X/5/7/5784a2c2148b71afdc3666bfb09ea72d19cca91d.jpeg

Hi there @getampd -

Have you made any new changes or updated Elementor again?

Sam

No, I didn’t even turn my computer off but I did have to open local again this morning.

@sambrockway Thanks for your reply. I didnt my any updates to anything. My site on wordpress is still down but I can access the WP Admin panel still and see the wesbite in the Elementor builder but my site still has the errors I posted above. I didn’t even turn my computer off but I did have to open local again this morning, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

@sambrockway I restarted local not as an adminstrator and it looks like its working again now. It did prompt me to login to the local hub.

@sambrockway The live site though still has errors, I’m not sure how to approach though.

Hi @getampd,

This topic has status “archived” and will be closed soon.
Please see solution at post #4 : “walk away from computer to make diner”

Hope it can help,
Ricardo

Hi @Ricardo_OJF -

The problem was resolved but has reopened. Thank you :slight_smile:

Sam

Hi there @getampd -

The error seems to be in a base.php file in Elementor.

Have you tried contacting Elementor support?

Also, have you disabled and re-enabled Live Links?

Sam

Hi @sambrockway,

Yes, they only give support if your a pro user. I posted in their WP group too but they just replied and asked if I was using Elementor Pro, I said I wasn’t and they havent replied since.

I tried rolling back Elementor further, since their has been a few updates the last few days, deleteing elementor and reinstalling and it’s still showing errors.

I also saw rolling back PHP helped fix someone elses errors, but that didn’t fix the errors for me.

I haven’t had any issues with Live Links, since not running as Administrator.

:slight_smile: :wink:

Ricardo

Hi @getampd

It could be a conflict with another plugin, theme or your WordPress version as well. Have you tried rolling your WP version back?

If you create a new, blank site are you able to open up Live Links with that? Or do you get a similar error? That could indicate if the problem is with the specific site or some other connection issue.

If it’s with the specific site, you can click Open Site Shell, and use WP-CLI commands to deactivate plugins or change out the theme to see if that resolves the issue as the conflict may lie somewhere in there.

Hi @sambrockway @Nick-B,

I ended up getting this resolved. I rolled Elementor back even futher to 3.9.0, then upgraded to the newest version and that worked for me.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

2 Likes

So happy to hear that @getampd!

Reach out again if you have any more questions or issues, please!

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.