Start/Stop site weird behaviour

Bug Summary

Start/Stop a site affecting other site in group.

Steps to reproduce

Start/Stop any site in group.

Environment Info

Describe your environment.

• I’m on M1 MacBook Air, macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68).
  • nginx, PHP 8.1.9, MySQL 8.0.16,
  • LocalWP v6.7.0+6347

Issue Screencast

Hi @ramizmanked

Thank you for sharing that screencast! Super helpful to see the issue. It is definitely weird, but I just tested this on my Local app and I couldn’t replicate it. Have you tried any reboots of Local and your machine?

@ramizmanked Is there any chance that your “billboard” and “hollywoodreporter” sites were created by cloning the “stylecaster” site? This seems reminiscent of an earlier Windows bug.

Tried rebooting the machine, but no luck!

@burt

Is there any chance that your “billboard” and “hollywoodreporter” sites were created by cloning the “stylecaster” site?

No!

However, all three sites were cloned from the same blueprint.

1 Like

Hi @ramizmanked

That’s interesting! Do you have any sites that aren’t blueprints you can group and see if the behavior remains?

1 Like

Hi there @ramizmanked -

I’ve been discussing this with the Local engineering team a bit, thank you for sharing that information the sites. were all cloned from the same blueprint.

Would you be able to share your sites.json file so we can investigate further?

If you don’t want to share that publicly on the forums, you can feel free to DM me here.

Thank you!

Sam

That’s interesting! Do you have any sites that aren’t blueprints you can group and see if the behavior remains?

The behaviour remains same even if I start/stop the site out of group (CleanShot 2023-04-05 at 11.49.20). Also, clicking Stop all isn’t stopping the site automatically started.

I think I have a similar issue, please see my tweet at https://twitter.com/kermage/status/1647927455901163520?s=20

They were individually added from scratch.

I found the culprit in the sites.json. https://twitter.com/kermage/status/1648715398127448064?s=20

It is now working normally as expected after removing those fields.

2 Likes

It didn’t fix the problem.

However, I’m noticing other two attributes in site.json into the site having Start/Stop issue:

"__typename": "Site",
"status": "running"

Removing these two additional attributes fixed the issue for me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @ramizmanked -

Thank you for letting us know what worked for you!

Sam