404 Error on new created site but not already made ones

Issue Summary

I just created a new site and after it was done populating and loaded when I selected WP Admin button the 404 error showed up. But when i tried it on my two other sites they loaded up just fine.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? Just one

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? NO

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? Latest version

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used? Windows 10

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.
local-details.json (746 Bytes)

I’m getting the exact same issue. Every vanilla wordpress site I spin up now, results in the built in Local 404 page being shown. Nothing in logs related to the newly created site either. Existing sites seem to work just fine.

I also wasn’t able to find any answers on how to fix the issue, hopefully someone will get back to us about it.

I’ve just installed Local WP yesterday and have the same issue when I’m trying to create a new site. Although if I change the domain and not using the local tld then it works.

Hi all,

It sounds like this is related to sites using the Site Domains router mode (mysite.local), and sites open correctly in localhost mode (localhost:10001) - is that correct?

Can someone share their Local logs with me? Here are instructions - Retrieving Local’s Log. If you can zip up that entire folder, that’d be great.

I am assuming something in the router logs will tell us what’s going on!

Thanks,
Austin

I’m not sure if it was the right file, but I did attach a local file under the security info on my original post. Here it is again though and a few others, hopefully one of these is the file you were wanting.
local-details.json (746 Bytes)
local-lightning.log (45.3 KB)
error.log (25.6 KB)

Hey Austin. This is only happening for me on newly created sites (after most recent update). Existing sites using the Sites Domain router mode work fine. I can’t pull up new sites using localhost:portnum either. And, to top it off, there appears to be absolutely no reference to these new sites in the local error logs.

Cheers,

Adam

Hey Austin. Any update on this one?

Hi guys. Same thing’s happening to me but I don’t see any solutions in this thread. Recently (I think after the last update) I can’t create new sites. They load up but when I try to open I get a 404 as well. Any place else to look?

Kindly Assist. I have same Issues with my sites. previous and newly created ones. Find attached the error log
local-lightning.log (252.4 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.