502 Bad gateway with PHP higher then 7.3.5

Bug Summary

My Wordpress website becomes unavailable returning a 502 bad gateway nginx/1.16.0 error

Steps to reproduce

1. create a site
  2. install wordpress
  3. start the site
  4. set php version to a value higher then 7.3.5
  5. click open site

Environment Info

Describe your environment.

• What Operating System are you using?
    OSX High Sierra

• What versions of site software (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is used?
    nginx/1.16.0

• What version of Local is installed?

Hi @JQWeb Could you share a copy of your Local Log? There are some different ways to access and share Local Logs. For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering.

Also, is this your first time using Local or did this issue come up after a certain update or site was imported? Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

HI @Nick-B thanks for getting back to me
i attached the log file as requested

I was using local sucesfully untill i was prompted to update to 6.6
At that point i encountered the 502 error
However, re-installing an old version also doesnt work. so i appear to be stuck at the moment.
local-logs1.zip (8.7 KB)

Hey @JQWeb and @Nick-B - the issue here is the older operating system. Local has known issues with users running below macOS Catalina. There is more info on this one here - macOS 13 Ventura and Open Site Shell - #41 by austinwendt

Is it possible to upgrade your operating system? Or is there a reason you’re still running High Sierra?

Hi! Thanks for getting Back to me.
I tried my friends laptop with a more recent OS, but the result is the same.

For me this is not a surprise, I was successfully using Local until a week ago. If the operating system was the problem, it would probably have been a problem before.

Are there any other leads to follow up on?

Based on what you said, the update to Local v6.6 is the difference - I realized I linked the wrong forum post! Here is what I meant to link: 502 Bad Gateway (nginx/1.16.0) in all sites after update - #12 by austinwendt

Which version of PHP are your sites running? I would try running through these steps - 502 Bad Gateway (nginx/1.16.0) in all sites after update - #35 by austinwendt - as it fixed the issue for a user with the same problem.