502 Bad Gateway after updating Local 9.0.5+6706; Mac OS 10.15.7

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I updated to Local 9.0.5 from possibly v 9.0.3 because I wanted in on the Visual Studio Code option. My mac has plenty of storage and ram to run 9.0.5 and is using the last possible OS (using an older Mac that won’t be able to upgrade the OS) – 10.15.7.

Now new websites show “Wordpress version” in hover / buffering mode. And when I click on WP Admin button, I get the 502 Bad Gateway Error on my browser.

Existing websites built prior to the LOCAL update seem to work fine.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I changed the router mode: Site domains → localhost. And back to Site domains. Did this a few times. Quit Local. Opened Local. Restarted my Mac. Same error.

I downgraded to Local 9.0.4 and 9.0.3 and can’t get new websites to work again.

System Details

• Local Version: 9.0.5+6706

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: 10.15.7

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning-verbose.log (327.1 KB)

Hi @greenbeatty

Can you try lowering your PHP version to 8.0 or lower and see if that helps out here?

Hi Nick-B,

I lowered my PHP version to 8.1.23 and now see a WordPress setup configuration file as if I had not already set it up… setup-config.php.

I then lowered PHP version to 8.0.30 and see the same setup configuration file.

Then I bumped up the PHP version to version 8.2.10, and also 8.3.0…and see the same setup-config.php.

So I am going with version 8.2.10 and that seems to work after configuring the database name, username, and password.

Seems like this new site works, after stopping and starting the site multiple times.

Then I added another new site with nothing in it, and I still cannot use php 8.2.20. But I can use many other php versions including 8.2.10 and also 8.3.0.

So…I’ll avoid php 8.2.20!

Thank you!
-Beatty

1 Like

Okay sounds good @greenbeatty! We’ve been looking into some issues lately with older OSes to see if we either account for them or be forced to raised our minimum requirements for Local. Generally speaking adjusting the PHP versions can help to resolve older OS issues, but you can also download older versions of the Local app from here as well if needed:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.