Admin Dashboard Wonky On Fresh WordPress Install

Not sure how long this has been an issue bc I was using blueprints to create new sites for quite some time but lately I’ve had the need to start from a fresh WordPress install and not clone a site or use a blueprint. Once the site installs, the admin dashboard is not working properly. Scripts are not being loaded which is causing the dashboard to break. Ajax isn’t working either. So an example of behavior that I’m noticing is that when I hover over a navigation item such as plugins, I don’t get a flyout. Also, if I am on the plugins page and I add some plugins, I can’t use the checkbox to select them all. After doing some reading I found that if I disable script concatenation in the wp-config file it fixes the issue but it doesn’t always work.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi @mikeoberdick,

I’m sorry that you’re having those issues. Would you mind providing some information to help make sure we can hit the ground running on your request?

• What computer OS are you using?
• What version of Local are you currently using?
• Please attach a copy of your Local logs (how to grab those: https://local.getflywheel.com/community/t/how-do-i-retrieve-locals-log-file/)

Thanks!

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I’m using version 3.3.0 of Local. My computer specs are below and log attached.

Here is my info:

image.png

local-by-flywheel.log (865 KB)

Hey @mikeoberdick

That is strange, we are not seeing anything specific in the logs that might cause something like this.
Does it still happen if you try an alternative browser or in a private tab?
We are curious if maybe it is a browser extension conflicting some how.

You can also force reinstall WordPress core. First we would recommend exporting a copy of the site to play it safe. Next right click on the site name and choose “Open Site Shell”.

You can then run this WordPress CLI command:

wp core update --version=5.2.3 --force

Let us know if that makes any difference.