Can't get dashboard to load in browser

When I click the ‘WP Admin’ link for the site I want to access, I get this in the browser window instead of the dashboard… any suggestions?

Warning: require_once(C:\Users\KatherineSteele\Local Sites\serenity-home-garden\app\public/wp-includes/load.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\KatherineSteele\Local Sites\serenity-home-garden\app\public\wp-load.php on line 62

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘C:\Users\KatherineSteele\Local Sites\serenity-home-garden\app\public/wp-includes/load.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear’) in C:\Users\KatherineSteele\Local Sites\serenity-home-garden\app\public\wp-load.php:62 Stack trace: #0 C:\Users\KatherineSteele\Local Sites\serenity-home-garden\app\public\wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once() #1 C:\Users\KatherineSteele\Local Sites\serenity-home-garden\app\public\index.php(17): require(‘C:\Users\Kather…’) #2 {main} thrown in C:\Users\KatherineSteele\Local Sites\serenity-home-garden\app\public\wp-load.php on line 62

Hi @katie09

There might be a fatal error involving a plugin or theme on your site. You can Open Site Shell and use WP-CLI commands to deactivate plugins and see if once deactivated that allows you to get in. For example, you could run wp plugin deactivate --all and try that.

I had just created the site and it was my first time trying to access the dashboard for it, so had not yet installed any plugins or themes. Not sure what the issue was because the install of local was also new. I think I will try uninstalling and reinstalling, maybe that will help. Thank you for your time!

Hi @katie09 Interesting, thank you for the follow-up!

After resetting if you’re still having trouble could you provide some more details to help us troubleshoot?

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

i uninstalled local and even went as far as downloading it again (in case somehow the download itself was screwed up) then re-installed and was able to access the dashboard with no issues! I am not sure what caused the issue, it was certainly strange (to me was anyways). But somehow fixed it!! I appreciate your time thank you for trying to help me!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

No problem @katie09! Glad you were able to get back in there. Happy Developing :slight_smile:

1 Like