App don't start

I was working with the application open when I got a blue screen error and the PC restarted; afterwards, I couldn’t launch LocalWP anymore. How do I fix it?



System Details

  • Local Version: 10.1.2.0

  • Operating System (OS) and OS version: win11


Hi @Matt007!

It’s possible something got corrupted by the unexpected shutdown. First, you could check if any permissions or security settings have reset and are blocking Local now. We have a Windows Troubleshooting guide below that goes over some common items worth checking. For example, ensure that Local is running as an administrator, that there are no security blockers, and that Local has access to update the Hosts file.

If that doesn’t work, you might need to try a full reinstallation.

  • Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer. If you can’t open Local you should still be able to locate the Local Sites folders on your device manually: Backup a Local Site - Local

  • Fully uninstall Local from your computer using the steps for your OS here: Uninstall Local - Local

  • Install the latest version of Local on this link: Releases - Local

  • Once installed, please restart the computer.

  • When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

  • Check and see if the issue still persists.

Hi Nick-B, I resolved the issue by restoring all the JSON files—which apparently remain open while the app is running. They were getting corrupted and ending up empty—not just containing {}, but completely empty—preventing the app from launching. I restored them to a previous working version; I had to restore about six files in total. Thanks.

Thank you for coming back and sharing an update @Matt007. Glad to hear you were able to get things working.