I have ton of sites on Local and they are using a lot of my space on my hard drive. I am trying to move them to an external hard drive.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s my understanding that the best way to do this is to export a backup of each site, delete the files, and reinstall the sites to. local from an external drive.
This seems incredibly tedious. My questions are:
- Is there a better way of moving these files to an external drive?
- If not, is there a way to bulk export all of my websites from Local at once?
Thanks so much!
There definitely isn’t a simple catch-all for this. As you’re aware if you move all of the sites they’ll require manual intervention to run again.
Some thoughts here:
- Are there groups of sites you don’t actively work on but just want to save? Would it be possible to only offload that which isn’t essential?
- Are you able to optimize these sites to save space instead of having to move them? For example, are all of your sites tiny blogs, or are they packed full of large media files and bloated databases that could be cleaned up? This doc might give you some ideas on optimization: Working with large sites in Local - Local
- Another option would be our Cloud Backups add-on, which you can use to save incremental backups that are safe even if you delete the site from your Local app. Cloud Backups - Local
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.