Breakpoints go away after 40 seconds

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When I am trying to step through my code in PHPStorm, PHPStorm acts like the connection to the server has closed after around 35 to 40 seconds and debugging stops.

Here is a video of the issue (forgive my voice - I’ve been up going on 2 days) - breakpoints not remaining open long enough.mp4

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Just set a breakpoint in PHP code and open your clock and watch for the breakpoint to go away.

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 9.0.2+6676

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎11/‎29/‎2023
    OS build 19045.4412
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning-verbose.log (926.3 KB)
local-lightning.log (381.7 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

I found the solution here - Internal server on Xdebug breakpoint

It is solved. It was an Apache problem. Apache times out by default after 40 seconds on a breakpoint. I added FcgidIOTimeout 600 to site.conf.hbs withing the <ifModule…> section to increase this to 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing @jim_hubbard!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.