Caching errors

What issue or error are you experiencing?

After pushing from Local to WPEngine, the new code/style changes do not display on the dev; the code has been pushed–it can be seen in the theme files–but if I Inspect thru the console, the code is not shown; this happened so often on this new build, that we deleted the original environment, and started again, now it’s happening again with this new instance

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I deleted the original environment as WPEngine said they could not replicate the issue; the new instance was fine until two days ago; I pushed from Local and got an error "**We ran into an issue when purging the CDN and page caches. … ** Since then, we’ve been experiencing the same issue, days after the changes were pushed; clearing caches, histories, changing machines and networks and browsers didn’t seem to matter; we have the same experience … sometimes the correct version displays, but refresh or clear the cache and the old version displays, or vice versa

the first screenshot above is the correct version, below that, the incorrect one; this is just one example; any page that was updated after I got that CDN error message, seems to flip back and forth between the old and new (from changes pushed more than 24 hours ago, and after clearing caches and histories)

Here’s another page in incognito; that is the old version:

here’s what the page should look like

System Details

  • Local Version:
    first time was on 8.1+. after first issue, updated to 8.2.1
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Mac OS 12.2.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

local-lightning.log (978.2 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Jerry

Is this just a recent error that started popping up around when you made this post? Or have you run into this problem in the past?

There were some intermittent server issues on the WPE platform recently that errors in your log may point to being the issue.

Are you still running this problem now? If you haven’t checked please test it again and let us know if the result is the same. If so then we may need to loop in WPE support to get a ticket up to their platform engineering team to look at the specific server.

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

About 3-4 weeks ago was when it first started; it was such an issue we destroyed that environment and started again. We were OK for a couple weeks, and then it started again (but only when that Local caching error was displayed) … However, since last Thursday, it seems to be OK, all the code and pushes are now displaying


1 Like

Hi @Jerry -

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear it’s working now, but if you run into more issues in the future please don’t hesitate to reach out.

I’ll mark this thread as resolved,


This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.