Can I access files via SFTP on Local?

Issue Summary

I’m trying to connect Coda 2 with SFTP (or FTP) for opening WordPress files installed. Is that possible? My login credentials won’t work.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!
Attaching screenshot…

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    5.9.3+5100

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
      Big Sur, 11.0.1
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Hey @SherriGD !

Since the site files are located directly on the computer, you don’t need to access them over SFTP. Instead, you can right-click on the site in Local and select “Reveal in Finder”.

This will show you all of the site’s files within Finder and allow you to open the files directly using what ever editor you like and have installed on your computer!

Thanks @ben.turner - I figured that would be the case – but I thought I might be able to access it the usual way via Coda too. Thanks for confirming though. :smiley:

I hadn’t ever looked at Code 2 – beautiful editor! It looks like they are nudging me to use the newer Nova.app, which looks cool too!

Oh I think Nova is the new brand they’ve moved to. I forgot about that. I’m still using what I have loaded on my desktop. I think they’re phasing out Coda 2 and moving to Nova now.

I’ve been pretty happy with Coda and as long as it works, I’ll probably keep using it.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.