Can I stop system processes on port 80 on Windows 10?

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When I checked port 80 there were approx 10 processes, mostly Chrome & Edge browses processes. When I closed those, only 4 system processes on port 80.
I am trying to initiate my site via site domains. My domain is not active other than being registered with 123-reg. Could it be my domain rather than port 80 be the issue?
Any wisdom appreciated. Thanks.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @gerryw45

Here are some steps to help us identify and address this:

• Stop all sites that are running in Local

• Force quit Local

• (If using Windows) Run the command netstat -ano

What you’ll be looking for here is to see when sites are stopped and Local is properly shut down if there are still programs running on ports 80 and 443. These may be conflicting with Local or the system may be reporting Local is still running.

Once you run that command you should see a list of listening ports. If you see a particular program making use of those ports, you can then kill that process. On Windows you will use taskkill /F /pid XXX where XXX is the PID number of that process.

There are also some more details around this and other troubleshooting steps at this link if needed: Stopping Whatever Is Listening On Port 80.

Hi Nick.

Yes, I had gone through netstat CMD & it was 4 system processes left in port 80. My question was whether I could disable those system processes?

Rgds,
Gerry.

Hi Nick.

If it’s any help, here is a screengrab of my command prompt with local and browsers shut down.

Is this with your Local sites stopped and Local shut down? Is your Local still set to Localhost as well?

If all of the above is a yes then you can try killing anything that still shows up. Once that’s all done you can open Local back up and try Site Domains mode again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.