Can not relink files

Can not relink files

Hi there. I have moved the public files on my computer but even though I relinked them, I still see a 502 error when I want to login to the worpress dashboard. Can anyone help?

Hey @Wilhelmien , Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

The site files shouldn’t be moved since it breaks things certain configuration things within Local.

If you are wanting to move a site to a different location on the computer, you’ll want to instead first export the site by right-clicking on it in Local and select “Export.”

This will give you a .zip file that can be used to create a new site by dragging-and-dropping the zip onto Local to import it. You can select a new location to save those files during the import process!

In terms of re-gaining access to those sites, you might try moving the files back to their original location and then exporting. However, if they are still broken after moving to the original location, then you might try restoring the site to a new one in Local using the files for the site by following the steps outlined in the “Restoring From Only Local Site files” section of this help doc:

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.