Can only select 1 version of PHP/MySQL even in Custom

Issue Summary

I am only able to select PHP 7.3.5 on my sites and am unable to download or use any others

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    Yes, I have tried 5.10 and 6.0 and am unable to download

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes, but only in that version of PHP

Replication

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 3.08.34 PM

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    5.10 & 6.0

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• macOS Big Sur
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Welcome to the forums @andrew.miller.nsp – that is definitely odd!

Can you describe in a little more detail about when this started happening? Were you on a previous version of Local and updated to 6.0?

Are you able to attach the Local log so that I can get a better idea from the messages Local is logging?

Thanks, I’ve never been able to do it, but just assumed that was a part of the Pro package :).

Here is the log: local-lightning.log (572.0 KB)

Interesting – in the Local log I’m seeing lines like this

{"thread":"main","reason":{"name":"InternalOAuthError","message":"Failed to obtain access token","oauthError":{"code":"ECONNRESET","path":null,"host":"hub.localwp.com","port":443,"localAddress":{}}},"p":{},"level":"warn","message":"Unhandled Rejection.","timestamp":"2021-07-08T17:16:24.184Z"}
{"thread":"main","reason":{"code":"ECONNRESET","path":null,"host":"cdn.localwp.com","port":443,"localAddress":{}},"p":{},"level":"warn","message":"Unhandled Rejection.","timestamp":"2021-07-08T17:35:16.230Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"AddonInstallerService","code":"SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN","level":"error","stack":"Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain\n    at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure (_tls_wrap.js:1497:34)\n    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:315:20)\n    at TLSSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)\n    at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:932:8)\n    at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:706:12)","message":"self signed certificate in certificate chain","timestamp":"2021-07-08T17:36:08.514Z"}

Note the ECONNRESET and the Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain parts – that makes me think that there’s some setting on the computer that is messing with the SSL certificates and preventing the tools that Local uses from making secure connections over HTTPS.

A few things come to my mind:

• Is this a work computer – has the IT department put their own custom SSL certs in place on the machine?
  • Are you using any antivirus software? Something like what is described in this AVG support thread might be going on: https://support.avg.com/answers?id=9060N000000gGxtQAE
  • Are you using a VPN? I wouldn’t think this would cause issues, but it’s possible that the VPN software has been messing with the network configuration and inserting their own certificate.

Can you take a look at those items and see if any of them apply to you? If they do, you might try temporarily disabling them, or seeing if there is a way to configure the settings to not get in the way of the tools that Local is using.

Hi Ben,

Thanks again for looking into this. Yes, it is a work computer, so I would guess that is where the self signed certificate is coming from. I can try and reach out to my IT department. Is there anything from the Local side that I could do?

Do you mean like a workaround? I don’t think that there’s a way to manually download and install those.

The reason that you are seeing one PHP option is that the 7.3.5 version comes bundled with Local when you download it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.