Cannot make local work on macOS Ventura Beta

Hi,
nice a few weeks I cannot create new sites with local (6.4.3)
there is an error when installing wordpress

Error: Command failed: /Volumes/Satechi500/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/darwin/bin/php /Volumes/Satechi500/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/bin/wp-cli/wp-cli.phar --path=/Volumes/Satechi500/olivierguex/Local Sites/test2sitecom/app/public --require=/Volumes/Satechi500/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/bin/wp-cli/local-wpcli-error-reporting.php --skip-plugins --skip-themes core config --skip-check --dbname=local --dbuser=root --dbpass=root --skip-salts
Tue Sep 20 10:27:30 2022 (67319): Fatal Error Unable to create lock file: Bad file descriptor (9)

Any idea of the problem ?

1 Like

Hello there @bechterew - welcome to the Local community!

Thank you for bringing your question here.

A few observations about that error - I believe that is associated with an Apache server - is that what you are using? Have you tried to spin up a site with an nginx server?

Additionally, looking at this cPanel resource, there may be an issue with the permissions of the /tmp directory, see here:

Please let me know if either of these resources support your question!

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

Issue Summary

Local 6.4.3 seems to Install ok, but I cannot create new websites or access previous ones.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? All Sites. I only have test sites now.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? No

Replication

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.55.28 PM

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? ^.4.3

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional MAC Catalina 10.15.7
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

local-logs.zip (4.3 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

And now even Local 6.4.2 doesn’t work. Yeah I’m going to use my host server for any Staging sites. This app seems pretty bugged out to me, reading all the bug issues.

Same issue, using windows 7.

Hi there @MosaicVisual - welcome to the Local community! :wave:

Another Local user brought up a similar issue, I am going to link this thread there to keep the conversation in one area. Here were a few suggestions:

Thank you!

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.