I accidentally changed the URL/homepage URL in the SETTINGS of the Wordpress Admin dashboard to another URL address. Now I can’t access the admin dashboard. It redirects to a parked domain.
How can I revert the URL back to a working state?
You can revert the home and site url within the database directly through the Local Client via the Adminer Database tool. I made a quick video below demonstrating these steps
Here is a bullet point list of the process as well:
- Open your Local client and go to the Overview page for the site in quesiton
- Find the “Site Host” info and copy it to your clipboard
- Open Adminer and navigate to the wp_options table in the database
- Paste the localhost info you previously copied from the “Site Host” info into the
home rows leaving the protocol in place.
- Restart your site and you should be good to go.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.