Can't create my first site on a new MacBook Air M2 chip

Issue Summary

When I create a new site, no matter what the settings, I get the error “Uh-oh! Unable to provision site.” After closing that, I get a second error “Uh-oh! Could not update hosts file” if Router mode is set to Site Domains.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    I can’t create my first site.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    No.

Replication

See above. Creating any site causes the first issue, no matter the arrangement of settings. I’ve restarted the Mac several times, confirmed the hosts file is editable, and also uninstalled and reinstalled local from a fresh download.

Here is the full text associated with the first error:

Error: Error: spawn Unknown system error -86
at ChildProcess.spawn (node:internal/child_process:413:11)
at spawn (node:child_process:709:9)
at execFile (node:child_process:336:17)
at t.<computed> (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:2206)
at /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/_helpers/execFilePromise.js:1:583
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/_helpers/execFilePromise.js:1:534)
at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
at /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/_helpers/execFilePromise.js:1:330
at new Promise (<anonymous>)

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.7.2+6375

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    macOS Ventura 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)

• Attach the Local Log.
    local-logs.zip (2.0 KB)

Thanks!

Update: I was downloading the version of local for Mac with Apple chip because my machine has an M2 chip. I swapped to the Intel version (which requires Rosetta to work on an M2) and was able to create a site. Not sure why the Apple chip version isn’t working…unless it’s for pre-Intel chipped Macs??

Hi @stryker!

Thank you for reaching out! Glad you were able to get things working. I believe this is still due to the Rosetta dependency. Which the team is aware of and we’ll be updating in the near future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.