Can't pull from Flywheel & various bugs

I love the app, but it’s so frustrating to use.
Whenever I try to add a new website, there’s some kind of a problem.

For a couple of days I’m struggling to pull a website from Flywheel.
What it happens is that it gets stuck during extracting import. It gets stuck here: Screenshot by Lightshot Never the same number, just gets stuck during extraction.
What I tried:

• Updated to 2.3.2
  • Restarted local machine
  • Faster docker volumes & ipv6 loopback on/off
  • Run Local as administrator
  • different site names/domain/path

I looked at the logs, I don’t understand what’s happening: local-by-flywheel.log (11.7 KB)
Router log is empty.

Please help pull this website.

Other frustrating issues:

1. If I close the app from the taskbar, the app window closes but it continues to live in task manager Screenshot by Lightshot Because of this clicking the taskbar shortcut doesn’t open the app anymore until I close the processes in Task manager

2. If I run Local as administrator it fails to start the local-by-flywheel virtualbox. The app loads saying it’s ready, I can start websites but they are not really accessible because the virtualbox is shutdown

3. If I’m pulling a website or duplicating one, the other Local sites are very slow or they fail: Request error.

4. Later edit: This morning I updated the environment as the 2.3.2 notifies it, but the updated site didn’t load at all: Screenshot by Lightshot

5. Later edit: None of the site work after the update to 2.3.2. I downgraded to 2.3.1 but that didn’t fix it.

6. On a stalling import/pull/clone (the process is at the same step for more than 10 minutes), if I got into the preferences screen then close it, whatever process was under-going stops and the website looks like it’s ready, but it’s actually broken.

I’m running Windows 10.
Local it’s great, but it feels more like beta version rather than 2.3.2
I hope these issues can be fixed.

Thanks!

55%20PM

Click on the Cloud icon on the left, then in the top right corner, log out and then go through process to log back in. See if that helps. I kind of explained what happened to me here. I hope that helps

Thank you @cwsconnectivity but that didn’t fixed it for me.
It still doesn’t work.

New issues that I ran into today:

1. Trying to change environment for an website I imported using the preferred environment.
    During the backup stage there’s an SQL issue: http://prntscr.com/k36689

2. Tried to import a Flywheel site to a custom environment, both apache and nginx, none work. For Apache the homepage loads but the other pages are 404

@catalin,

I’m very sorry for the trouble with Local 2.3.2 on Windows! The screenshots and bulleted list are very helpful.

1. Local stays running in the background until the VM shuts down. With that said, we’ve seen times where it’ll stick around even after the VM is powered off. This should be resolved in a future update.

2. Running Local as an Administrator effectively runs the application in a different user-space so VirtualBox/Docker won’t know which VM to power on and communicate with. This is something we’ll look into. Is there a particular reason you have to run Local as an Administrator other than the import issue?

3. Without knowing more, I would guess that this is a resource/disk limitation.

4 & 5. What Environments were the sites running?

1. I’ve written up a bug report for this. Did you toggle Faster Docker Volumes by chance?

Hi @clay, thanks for your reply.

1. I only tried to run Local as Admin only because nothing else was not working.

2. “Without knowing more, I would guess that this is a resource/disk limitation.” - All sites are on preferred env, local pulls of Flywheel sites. If you are referring to local machine resources than that shouldn’t be the case: I’m running on i7, 16GB RAM, SSD

4 & 5. What Environments were the sites running? - I really can’t remember, I tried all combinations.

1. Faster Docker Volumes on and off

I really need your help in this 2 cases:

A. pulling from Flywheel stuck at import: Screenshot by Lightshot

B. Changing Environments Screenshot by Lightshot

local-by-flywheel.log (444.9 KB)

Hi @clay,
Can you please help me out pulling from Flywheel?

It still gets stuck at Extracting Import like here: https://prnt.sc/k2cpou
If I manually download a backup from Flywheel then import it, it works fine.

@clay chiming into this thread as I’m having virtually identical issues to @catalin on Windows 10 with Local by Flywheel, both in versions 2.2.4 and 2.3.2.

I have been unable to Import no matter what approach I take, including:

• Connecting to my Flywheel account, and Creating a New Site by Pulling from Flywheel
  • Connecting to Flywheel, and Pulling from Flywheel to an Existing Site
  • Using the Import option to create a new site from a .zip export/backup

I do not have Faster Docker Volumes or IPv6 Loopback turned on.

I’m using the default, Preferred environment settings and am not doing any other changes to the default configurations. Creating a new site works just fine on its own.

I have gone so far as to completely uninstall Flywheel, VirtualBox, and delete App Data in an effort to force a completely fresh install to no avail.

The consistent issue is Local appears to get stuck at the point it starts to install/configure Wordpress. It successfully gets wp-content from the exported site, but everything else fails to import/get setup, including the database, server, and Wordpress core.

It also consistently gets stuck when there are fewer than 50 files remaining to extract (my last try got stuck at 29).

Attempting to interact directly with the site by clicking it in the sidebar once it’s stuck results in an error stating the Requested Site ID doesn’t exist:

local-flywheel-error

The next message indicates it’s Checking System but this goes nowhere.

If I close and restart Local, the site itself has an error, due to the fact there is no server/database/wordpress installation.

Should also note, that there’s effectively nothing in the log besides an indication the import started.

Hoping there are others with similar issues so this might get a solution soon or at least give an indication if it’s user serviceable.

Hi @clay and @catalin, following up

I spotted 2.3.3 floating around and went ahead and grabbed it. After trying with 2.3.2 once more and having the same problem, I uninstalled everything, cleared app data, and installed 2.3.3. Seems it finally works.

The issue certainly seemed to be that as soon as files were done extracting, there was a failure to pull down Wordpress and install.

One thing to note - one of my plugins, Relevenassi, that I think the Search and Replace Domain function was going through, had an index of search terms in the database, and wound up generating a 100MB php error log. It was likely a culprit for adding another 5-10 minutes to the install time. Not sure what the fix for something like that would be, but here’s a small sample of what it generated:

[03-Aug-2018 21:01:57 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'table AND `item` = 0' at line 1 for query SELECT `type` FROM `wp_o3vjbuaa6x_relevanssi` WHERE `doc` = 11970 AND `term` = table AND `item` = 0 made by include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/boot-phar.php'), include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/wp-cli.php'), WP_CLI\bootstrap, WP_CLI\Bootstrap\LaunchRunner->process, WP_CLI\Runner->start, WP_CLI\Runner->_run_command_and_exit, WP_CLI\Runner->run_command, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\Subcommand->invoke, call_user_func, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\CommandFactory::WP_CLI\Dispatcher\{closure}, call_user_func, Search_Replace_Command->__invoke, Search_Replace_Command->php_handle_col
[03-Aug-2018 21:01:57 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'tables' in 'where clause' for query SELECT `type` FROM `wp_o3vjbuaa6x_relevanssi` WHERE `doc` = 11970 AND `term` = tables AND `item` = 0 made by include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/boot-phar.php'), include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/wp-cli.php'), WP_CLI\bootstrap, WP_CLI\Bootstrap\LaunchRunner->process, WP_CLI\Runner->start, WP_CLI\Runner->_run_command_and_exit, WP_CLI\Runner->run_command, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\Subcommand->invoke, call_user_func, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\CommandFactory::WP_CLI\Dispatcher\{closure}, call_user_func, Search_Replace_Command->__invoke, Search_Replace_Command->php_handle_col
[03-Aug-2018 21:01:57 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'tacoma' in 'where clause' for query SELECT `type` FROM `wp_o3vjbuaa6x_relevanssi` WHERE `doc` = 11970 AND `term` = tacoma AND `item` = 0 made by include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/boot-phar.php'), include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/wp-cli.php'), WP_CLI\bootstrap, WP_CLI\Bootstrap\LaunchRunner->process, WP_CLI\Runner->start, WP_CLI\Runner->_run_command_and_exit, WP_CLI\Runner->run_command, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\Subcommand->invoke, call_user_func, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\CommandFactory::WP_CLI\Dispatcher\{closure}, call_user_func, Search_Replace_Command->__invoke, Search_Replace_Command->php_handle_col
[03-Aug-2018 21:01:57 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column 'tb060' in 'where clause' for query SELECT `type` FROM `wp_o3vjbuaa6x_relevanssi` WHERE `doc` = 11970 AND `term` = tb060 AND `item` = 0 made by include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/boot-phar.php'), include('phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/php/wp-cli.php'), WP_CLI\bootstrap, WP_CLI\Bootstrap\LaunchRunner->process, WP_CLI\Runner->start, WP_CLI\Runner->_run_command_and_exit, WP_CLI\Runner->run_command, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\Subcommand->invoke, call_user_func, WP_CLI\Dispatcher\CommandFactory::WP_CLI\Dispatcher\{closure}, call_user_func, Search_Replace_Command->__invoke, Search_Replace_Command->php_handle_col
1 Like