Can't set default browser to Firefox/Firefox Developer under Windows

Issue Summary

Can’t change the default browser for Local to Firefox Developer or Firefox

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    All sites, global Local setting.
  • My default browser in Windows is set to Firefox Developer. I’ve also tried regular Firefox.
  • The option for Firefox is entirely greyed out in Local.
  • There is no differentiation between Firefox Developer and Firefox in Local.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• Local Version 6.1.5+5536
  • What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 10 Enterprise N, Version 1909 (18363.1801)
  • Attach the Local Log:

Right now, Local doesn’t know about Firefox Developer Edition. If you have the regular version of Firefox, that should work with Local, but in order for the Developer Edition to be supported, Local needs to have a feature request completed:

If you’d like this sort of thing to be worked on, be sure to up-vote either of these requests so that we can gauge the priority of this against other bodies of work!

1 Like

I did say in my original post that “I’ve also tried regular Firefox”, and “the option for Firefox is entirely greyed out in Local”.

1 Like

Thanks for calling that out, I definitely missed it during my initial read of the topic!

I fired up my Windows machine and installed Firefox and see what you’re saying about not being able to select Firefox as the default browser.

I’ll create a bug that focuses on getting Firefox to be set as the default browser under Windows. As for Firefox Developer, that’s still likely a feature request, but I’ll also link to that feature in case it’s an easy thing to implement when fixing this bug!

I’ve also moved this topic to the “bug” category so that it can be up-voted to help gauge the priority and impact of this bug, so be sure to click the vote button!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.