Can't view local sites in browser: "localhost refused to connect"

Issue Summary

When logging in to formerly created sites or after creating a new site, “view site” produces a localhost refused to connect

error. Sometimes happens on the admin page as well, but the URL “fix it” feature typically fixes admin, but not view site.

Also, when I get the error, the address bar only shows “localhost” without port number or any additional text.

I’ve switched off firewall, vpn is off, rebooted computer and restarted Local several times.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    A random few sites, but not all.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    No

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    5.10.0+5257

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Linux Manjaro 21.0.5

• Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

local-lightning.log (981.0 KB)

Hi Gene,
How to set the download file local-lightning.log ?
Can you explain me please ?
Thank you. :slight_smile:
Marie

@Marie1 - https://localwp.com/help-docs/troubleshooting/retrieving-locals-log-file/

This is a great program and a tremendous work. Unfortunately though, I have to return to XAMPP. I can’t import an existing site by any means and I cannot solve the localhost connection refusal.

Maybe another time. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.