Connection still refused on LbF2.0.2 by safari / firefox - connection refused (SOLVED)

Hi There,

Hi There, 

I tried to remove everything (from Application : LbF and VirtualBox, from Library/Application Support/LbF, from Users/XXX/.docker). I even disabled the firewall and restarted my MAC but nothing helps, the setup process is blocked after the green checkmark on Host Machine.

Here is the last part of the log 
    > Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Getting Docker Machine env.
Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/set-docker-env] Received Docker Machine env.
Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] NFS Mount Status 
{ error: null,
  stdout: 'tmpfs on / type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=917692k)\nproc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)\nsysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)\ndevpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)\ntmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)\nfusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)\n/dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuset)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,relatime,blkio)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,relatime,devices)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,relatime,freezer)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls type cgroup (rw,relatime,net_cls)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,relatime,perf_event)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_prio type cgroup (rw,relatime,net_prio)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,relatime,hugetlb)\ncgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,relatime,pids)\nUsers on /Users type vboxsf (rw,nodev,relatime)\n/dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1/var/lib/docker/aufs type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)\n',
  stderr: '',
  hasUsers: null }
Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Enabling Docker Machine NFS
Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Docker Machine NFS Result Configuring /etc/exports on macOS
The nfsd service is already enabled.

>  Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Mounting Boot2Docker volumes Attempt number:  1
> Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Configure Boot2Docker Result
> Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs]  
> { error: null,
>   stdout: 'Configuring Boot2Docker NFS\nno /usr/local/sbin/rpc.statd found; none killed\nStarting nfs client utilities.\n',
>   stderr: 'mount: RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused\n' }
> Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Mounting Boot2Docker volumes Attempt number:  2
> Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Configure Boot2Docker Result
> Jun 2, 2017, 12:59 PM GMT+2 - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs]  
> { error: null,...

to notice : the application and virtualBox is on my App folder stored in my SSD and my user folder is on my hard drive. Both are internal of my MAC (running 10.11.6) 

With the previous LbF 1.xx, it was OK for the installation, but not able to access my running websites (connection refused on safari). Now, I can't even try to open the website as LbF isn't able to run.

@clay or other people, can you help me, please ?
[/quote]

this problem is solved and I don’t know why - just waited one hour with LbF closed …
BUT the connection problem is back (so I edited the post title to reflect the current problem)
regards

After a while,
I restarted LbF and the setup finally completed.
I created a new website with “preferred” settings.

as with the previous release, I can ping the domain (alain.dev) and /etc/hosts only contains the association of my domain and 192.168.93.100
Ping 192.168.93.100 is OK
but still connection refused by Safari or Firefox
Using wireshark, I captured the request between my Safari and the virtualBox :

As I can see, there is a connection on port 111 between my computer and the VM (RPC), but opening a http session (frame #30 : SYN sent by my computer to VM) results in a forced closed session by the VM (frame #31 : RST : reset forcing to close session)
This proves that the network communication between my computer and the VM is OK, just the http request are not answered : it seems the problem is on the nginx server or a problem on the file system ?

@clay, couldn’t it be because my “local site” folder (/Volumes/Mac HDD/Users/Alain/Local Sites/alain) and the vitualbox/docker vm (/Volumes/Mac HDD/Users/Alain/.docker) is on a different HDD than LbF and VirtualBox (stored on /Volume/SSD/Applications).

Any idea what to look inside docker to check if website is correctly configured (or has the right permission to access the folder) ?

Here is the LbF log (no information on it why the connection is refused by the browser)
local-by-flywheel.log (27.2 KB)

result of a command you request on another post (after issuing the eval command):

/Applications/Local\ by\ Flywheel-2.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/virtual-machine/vendor/docker/osx/docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
52db48cea8b9 flywheel:1.0 “supervisord” 30 minutes ago Up 30 minutes 0.0.0.0:4000->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:4001->443/tcp, 0.0.0.0:4003->1080/tcp, 0.0.0.0:4002->3306/tcp fervent_mcclintock

I hope this can help solve the problem.

best regards and good luck with all the open tickets :wink:

Hi Alain,

Can you please upgrade to Local 2.0.2? See Local by Flywheel 2.0.2 (macOS Only)

Sorry for the trouble!

Hi @clay,

I think you are overloaded and didn’t see the title of this post,
I am running 2.0.2 !

“ssh alain.dev” is working
therefore testing the connection with “telnet alain.dev 22” open the connection
but “telnet alain.dev 80” : “connection refused”

As if the VM as a firewall refusing my http(s) connection.

Hi Alain,

Sorry about that! I’m still thinking this is related to the NFS issue resolved in 2.0.2 but there may be some bits left behind.

Can you try running the following for some more info?

This first command will get the current mounts of the Local Docker Machine.

/Applications/Local\ by\ Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/virtual-machine/vendor/docker/osx/docker-machine ssh local-by-flywheel cat /var/lib/boot2docker/bootlocal.sh

This second command will show your Mac’s current /etc/exports file. If you have anything in here other than what’s in the Local block feel free to edit it out.

cat /etc/exports

I had to modify a bit your command for Local\ by\ Flywheel**-2**.app :wink:

MBP-de-AlainB:~ AlainB$ /Applications/Local\ by\ Flywheel-2.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/virtual-machine/vendor/docker/osx/docker-machine ssh local-by-flywheel cat /var/lib/boot2docker/bootlocal.sh
exit status 255
MBP-de-AlainB:~ AlainB$ cat /etc/exports
# Local by Flywheel NFS - Start #
/Users 192.168.93.100 -alldirs -mapall=501:20
# Local by Flywheel NFS - End #

NEW :
If think, that this command did something in the background as, I just discover that if I set the “DEV” mode to “ON” at the top of the LbF window, I, now, have access to my website, the admin panel as well as the database access.
If I set it to off, when refreshing the web page, I got :

Local Router Error

Our apologies for the inconvenience. The Local router is not able to connect to the site you requested.

We suggest you try the following:

Restart Site - Go to the Local by Flywheel app and restart the site you are attempting to access.
Contact us - If the issue persists please contact us.

After restarting the website, it now works even if DEV mode is set to off.

I, then, tried to close LbF and restarted it : it crashes during “Checking system…”
I stopped the VM and closed VirtualBox,
LbF is stuck in the “Starting Local Machine…” even if the vm is running
Tried to restart the Local Machine
same behavior, LbF is stuck in the “Restarting Local Machine…” phase even if the vm as correctly restarted.

I can’t get access any more to my website …
I am really disappointed after this ‘false’ good news - I really thought it was OK

BTW : here is the log local-by-flywheel.log (34.9 KB)

Hi Alain,

The exit status 255 is somewhat indicative of VirtualBox being out of date but it’s not always the case.

Can you check the VBox version by opening VirtualBox then going to VirtualBox » About VirtualBox?

Thanks for the patience! We’ll get this solved :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your support @clay

Version is 5.1.20 rt114629 (Qt5.6.2)
a new version is available 5.1.22 (when checking for update)

Tried to restart LbF, but still stuck in “Starting Local Machine…”.
Should I delete everything and restart from scratch ?

My sites are eventually “Started” but they won’t load. It seems likely to be a NFS issue. Running 2.0.2, Virtualbox Version 5.1.22 r115126 (Qt5.6.2).

Jun 2, 2017, 1:12 PM MDT - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Configure Boot2Docker Result
Jun 2, 2017, 1:12 PM MDT - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs]  
{ error: null,
  stdout: 'Configuring Boot2Docker NFS\nstopped /usr/local/sbin/rpc.statd (pid 2799)\n/usr/local/sbin/rpcbind is already running\n1389\nStarting nfs client utilities.\n',
  stderr: 'mount: RPC: Remote system error - Connection timed out\n' }```

Here's the log: <a class="attachment" href="//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/business5/uploads/lwpforums/original/1X/34c9bb40861860bab0ce38792221b352bf59892a.log">local-by-flywheel.log</a> (804.6 KB)

Fixed by this latest build: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED - not finding a solution

1 Like

As reported by @zackkatz, this issue is SOLVED with the latest build provided by @Clay tonight.