Creating an offline back up of a woocommerce website

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I have an old woocomerce website that I am no longer using however I still need access to it for tax and sales date purposes. I want to stop the hosting so that I am not paying for something I am not using but I will need to be able to access the site/database locally from time to time. My web developer recommended this to me, I am logged in and pulled the site to Local. However I am unsure of how to proceed and importantly how I can now proceed to ensure that the site is backed up and accessible for me so that I can cancel the hosting.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Is Local the correct tool for what I need? If so, how can I check that the site is backed up and accessible before cancelling the hosting.

System Details

• Local Version:

7.1.2+6410

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @DStevenson!

It sounds like Local is exactly what you need. Have you gotten the site imported into Local already?

Once you have the site imported, you can click on Open Site to view the front end and WP Admin to log in to the WordPress Dashboard. There is a Database tab where you can click on Open Adminer to view or manage your DB. If this option is grayed out make sure the site has been “Started” (upper right-hand corner).

If you’d like to make doubly sure your site is backed up, we have a Cloud Backups add on you can use to save a copy of it. You can also create a zip export at any time as well to offload.

Information on both can be found here:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.