cURL error 56: OpenSSL SSL_read: No error

Issue Summary

Trying to set up Git Updater (pulls repo from Bitbucket to notify of a custom plugin update) to reach my Bitbucket account. Cred are correct, API call works in curl in CLI, but NOT from site hosted in Local.

Troubleshooting Questions

I have ensured that the Bitbucket repo (private) is accessible and that the credentials I am using to access it are correct. I’ve worked with the plugin creator, gave him access to the repo, and he was able to successfully access it from Local…but on a Mac. I’m on a PC. Whenever Git Updater tries to reach to the Bitbucket api, it comes back with an error: “cURL error 56: OpenSSL SSL_read: No error” - I verified this with Query Monitor.

If I take that same exact API call that Git Updater is using, and issue a curl command from CLI (with my creds), it successfully returns the contents of the php file from the repo. So it works on my machine outside of Local/running site.

I am working on a custom plugin and I have verified that the repo/project is set up correctly, so I don’t think the issue is with the Git Updater plugin itself (also because the developer was able to get it working on his Local instance).

Replication

• Create a bitbucket repo
  • Place a custom plugin php file in there (be sure to include the Bitbucket Plugin URI header pointing to the repo
  • Make sure your account has at least read access to it
  • Set up a fresh Local site instance, add the Git Updater plugin, add the Bitbucket add-on
  • Place your credentials in the Bitbucket add-on settings tab
  • Open Query Monitor, specifically watch HTTP API Calls
  • Click Save - do you see the error in the Query Monitor?

System Details

Local version 5.10.5+5403
Windows 10 Pro

local-lightning.log (14.8 KB)

Just to verify. I this does work on my Mac and the error is likely specific to the box the server is on, in this case Local on the PC.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.