Deleted site and can't reuse local domain

Issue Summary

I deleted a site from my Local app. Now when I try to add a new site (pull from Flywheel) and use the same local domain, I get the following error message:

Invalid Domain
mysite.local is already taken by another site. Please choose a different domain.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Can I access the local domains used by the app and clear the old domain and make it available for a new site?

• Does the app clear deleted site domains from its system automatically after a period of time?

System Details

• Local version 6.6.1+6281

• macOS Monterey 12.6.3

@kevinv Just checking boxes here. Have you done a full restart of Local and/or your machine to see if the domain will load after?

Local should try to update the hosts file immediately after deleting a site. Local will ask for permission, and if you enter your password, then the hosts file is updated to remove the domain of the site you just deleted. However, if you do not follow through and enter your password, Local cannot delete the entry in the hosts file so that domain will stick around.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.