Demo Import

When attempting to import demos for larger websites, the process often gets stuck in the middle, importing only half of the demo before becoming stuck. I have tried importing demos from various themes, such as Phlox Pro (https://www.phlox.pro/), JNews (JNews - WordPress Newspaper Magazine Blog AMP Theme by jegtheme | ThemeForest), and Generatepress (https://generatepress.com/). While some demos have been imported successfully, others become stuck. It seems that the demos which are larger and contain more data and designs are the ones that get stuck. Is it possible that this is due to a memory limit or some other limitation that is preventing the demos from being fully imported?

on xampp i tried and it is working

Hi there @sharoon2598 -

It does sound like a size issue.

Are you seeing any errors as you are importing?

You can also share your Local Logs if you want to and we can review if there are any errors:

Sam

there maybe memory error
how to fix that?
there’s no error just it shows importing and do nothing for hours
and in xampp it was done easily

Hi @sharoon2598

If you’re interested in adjusting resources you can find some instructions at the bottom of this helpful article:

Importing large sites still shouldn’t be taking hours to complete. It seems like there is some kind of hangup happening.

Could you provide some more details to help us take a further look?

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

but i don’t know which resources need to set

Hi @sharoon2598

For now can you provide the other details we asked for above?

Do you have any problems importing a smaller site, or creating a new site as well?

Do you know how large these sites that you’re importing are in GB? Or how large the DB is? Is it mostly media uploads that are taking up their space or something else?

It could be related to This.
Some plugins that use WordPress Salt Keys to connect to demo servers or external services like freemium.com need them to work. If You click on the provided link You’ll find the way to resolve this problem. Let me know if it helps to you.

There are several reasons why the importing process might get stuck in a WordPress website. Here are some of the common causes:

1. Large file size: If you are trying to import a large file, uploading and processing might take a while. Check the file size and make sure it is within the recommended limits.
  2. Server resources: The importing process requires a lot of server resources, such as memory and CPU. If your server needs to be more powerful, it might struggle to process the import.
  3. Conflicts with other plugins: Sometimes, other plugins can conflict with the importing process and cause it to fail. Try disabling other plugins temporarily and see if that solves the problem.
  4. Network issues: If there are issues with your internet connection or network, the import process may get stuck or fail altogether. It would be best to try importing the file again after ensuring your network connection is stable.
  5. File permissions: The importing process may fail if the file you are trying to import has incorrect permissions. You should ensure the file has the correct permissions before trying to import it.
  6. WordPress version: If you are using an outdated version of WordPress, it may not be compatible with the import process. Make sure that you are using the latest version of WordPress.

In summary, many factors can cause the importing process to get stuck in a WordPress website. You should check for the issues mentioned above and try troubleshooting the problem accordingly.

1 Like

when i see in media folder already all media is imported but site demp import stuck
that’s not that much big

I tried with xampp it work fine it is imported only on local wp it get stuck