Downgrade PHP version

I need PHP 7.4 for my site. But in my local, it’s showing only PHP 8 versions. How can I add version 7.4 to the dropdown?

Hi @Subhashreep

PHP 7.3 and 7.4 should still be available in the app. Can you tell me what is your OS/OS version and your Local Version?

When you say dropdown is this for a specific site or when you create a Custom site and use that drop down?

Hi. Thank you for the reply. I am using windows and Local version is 9. I want PHP 7.4 version by default added to my local. Now I am seeing only 8.1.29 and 8.1.23

What Windows version are you on?

Windows 10 version 22H2

So when you go to create a new site, select Custom, and choose your PHP version is that where you only see those PHP versions?

yeah, only those 2

What server/database type are you selecting? Does that make a difference?

webserver - nginx and database - mysql

Okay thank you @Subhashreep

In order to refresh here and start with a clean slate could you give the below troubleshooting steps a try?

• Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer: Backup a Local Site - Local

• Fully uninstall Local from your computer including the specific steps for your OS here: Uninstall Local - Local

• Install the latest version of Local on this link: Releases - Local

• Once installed, please restart the computer.

• When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

• Check and see if the issue still persists. If so, please provide us with an updated log: Retrieve Local’s Log File - Local

I have installed local recently. And it’s the latest one

It’s possible during installation something blocked Local from downloading the files for those other PHP versions, so you could try doing those refresh steps I provided to ensure everything gets installed.

Does your machine also have available disk space or is the storage maxed out?

yes, it has enough space. I will reinstall local and check as you mentioned

1 Like

I have reinstalled the local app with the latest one. Attaching the log files for your reference.
local-lightning.log (186.1 KB)
local-lightning-verbose.log (624.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Subhashreep

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local? It seems like maybe a security feature or firewall on this specific machine is limiting the downloads. Windows Defender maybe? Could you look and see what’s installed on this machine and whether or not it is blocking Local or has a setting that needs to be be adjusted to give access?

Following up here again @Subhashreep - specifically looking in your logs we are seeing a UNABLE_TO_GET_ISSUER_CERT_LOCALLY error, which may indicate a firewall blockage, possibly by something from your place of business if they are monitoring the hardware and connection.

This comment and section of our help article go into a bit more detail if you’re working with someone in IT who can take a look: