Older PHP Versions missing on new Local install

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I have a new mac and I’ve just downloaded and installed a fresh version of Local. On my previous installation on my old mac I was able to change the PHP version between multiple options. Now I’m only able to see version 8.1.23.

I need 7.4.30 on a site I still have to support. It will be upgraded soon, but not yet. How can i get all these options back?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Old Mac:

New Mac:

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 8.2.1+6583 on Both Macs

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Mac - Sonoma 14.2

EDIT: Removing some unused template fields.

Mapbry –
Assuming Local 7.1.2 runs on Sonoma, I can send it to you. I haven’t upgraded to Local 8.x because there still seems to be a number of big issues.

Hi @mapbry

You should still have a dropdown like that with several versions of PHP to choose from. I’m on Sonoma as well and see them currently. Is this on a new, blank site that you just spun up it only shows 8.1.23? What happens when you create a new site using the Custom option and click the PHP dropdown?

Can you try a complete uninstall and reinstall to see if that works first?

I will try this later today! I should have thought to try this before I opened this. Will report back.

1 Like

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t resolve this. I did initially install using Homebrew. Not sure if that is part of the problem. Uninstalling the cask and ensuring all the directories specified in the Uninstall Local article you sent didn’t seem to fix it. Even trying to install using the installer from the localwp.com site didn’t fix it.

I have however found a solution: if I copy the contents of ~/Library/Application\ Support/Local/lightning-services/ from my old mac to my new one (in the same location) it will give me the 7.4.30 option now. It’s still not showing the other downloadable versions that I didn’t already have downloaded on my old mac. However this looks like it is working for me now.

Maybe for anyone else, don’t use Brew to install Local - stick to the default installer.

1 Like

Thank you for the update @mapbry!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.