I simply wanted to import an existing live website into Local. It’s been a week, I’ve tried everything, from the “just drag and drop the zip file” to the All-in-one WP Migration plugin. Nothing worked.
My current attempt: I have created a Local website to host the copy of the existing website, the website files are copied locally in /app/public/, I have exported the SQL and imported it into the local Adminer, I made sure the credentials were the same in the wp-config.php file as written in the Database tab in Local, but still have a screen saying:
“Error when connecting to the database”, “Impossible to select the database - The database server is not connected (which means your ID and password are correct), but the database globalpotential cannot be selected”
What shall I do?
Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
Shall I really try importing another live existing website to see if there’s a difference?
Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
Yes, I am.
- Create a plain Local website
- Choose an existing live website
- Copy all the files from the existing live website to the local folder
- Export the SQL dump of the existing live website
- Import the SQL dump in the Local website Adminer
- Edit the wp-config.php file according to the info displayed in the Database tab in Local
- Hope it works
Which version of Local is being used? 6.5.2+6204
What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
Windows 10 Family