"Error establishing a database connection" following update to v3.3.0

After updating to Local v.3.3.0 I keep getting the following error message when I try to reach one of my sites: Error establishing a database connection. It may be relevant that this is a multisite installation, whereas the others are not.

Here are the measures I have already taken in an attempt to fix the problem:

• Checked wp-config.php for correct database info
  • Updated VirtualBox
  • Turned off Faster Docker Volumes
  • Restarted the virtual machine multiple times
  • Restarted my laptop (which is running MacOS Sierra)

So far nothing has worked. During my tests I monitored local-by-flywheel.log; here is the output (uploaded in a .zip file log-output.zip (1.6 KB) ):

1. After starting the problem site (problem.log)
  2. After restarting the virtual machine (restart.log)

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong? Many thanks in advance!!! :weary:

Hey @codefreq

I do see this error in the restart.log

Aug 16, 2019, 6:10 PM PDT - error: [main/index] Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.95.100:2376

That makes me think that there is something wrong with the individual site container.

I’m not sure why that would be the case, but since you’ve done many of the other troubleshooting things that I would normally recommend, can you try restoring the site to a new one in Local? You can use a backup of the site, or try using the files for the site by following the steps outlined in the “Restoring From Only Local Site files” section of this help doc:

Let me know how that goes, or if you have any other questions!

Thanks so much for the follow-up, Ben. However, I already re-built the local site from scratch, so I’m all set.

cheers,

felicia

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.