Importing a site with files >2 GB results in an error. For example:
Error: UNKNOWN: unknown error, copyfile '/var/folders/vk/89c8t7xd0mxcz5w0m1h2k4cr0000gp/T/local-by-flywheel-Kpz_ITcBjC/carms-temp/local.sql' -> '/Users/bknight/Local Sites/christensenarms/app/sql/local.sql' at Object.copyFileSync (fs.js:1790:3) at Object.func [as copyFileSync] (electron/js2c/asar.js:140:31) at copyFile (%%appPath%%/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:66:8) at onFile (%%appPath%%/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:51:37) at getStats (%%appPath%%/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:46:44) at startCopy (%%appPath%%/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:36:10) at Object.copySync (%%appPath%%/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:31:10) at %%appPath%%/main/importer/ImporterGeneric.js:1:2816 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at ImporterGeneric.moveFiles (%%appPath%%/main/importer/ImporterGeneric.js:1:2785)
This is likely caused by this issue in libuv: https://github.com/libuv/libuv/pull/2533
This issue was resolved in:
- Node.js v12.16.0: https://nodejs.org/en/blog/release/v12.6.0/
- Electron v10: https://github.com/electron/electron/pull/23327
From the Changelog for Local, it seems to be using Electron v9. The last mention of Electron is in the 5.8.1 release (upgrading to Electron 9): https://localwp.com/releases/5.8.1/
- Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
All sites containing a file >2 GB
- Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!
- use local on macOS
- try import a site with a file (e.g. database file) >2 GB
- Which version of Local is being used?
What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
- _For example: macOS Catalina (10.15.5)
Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:
local-lightning.log (189.5 KB)