Error: incompatible zip file when trying to import site

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When I try to import my site from a backup, I keep getting “upload a compatible zip file” and the site gets deleted. I just the preferrred environment option.

I have searched this forum, for those with the same issue (eg: Compatible Zip), and have created a new zip file with only the sql and wpcontent and imported that, but get the same error. I thought it could be due to the plugins, so deleted that folder too, as well as the themes and all uploads (don’t ask me why lol). Got the same error in each import.

I backed the site up myself, use FileZilla. Likely I did it wrong!

I also tried to create a new site, to import manually following this thread (All my sites are gone, need help urgently - #7 by Nick-B) but then I get this message:

I will make a separate post for this error in the screeenshot directly above.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

See above, thanks.

System Details

• Local Version:

7/1/0+6396

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Mac OS 10.13.4

Local Logs

local-logs1.zip (8.6 KB)

If anything, I mostly want to restore my blog posts, so if you could just help with recovering that I’d be happy.

Hi @viddy6

The problem is your OS version which has reached its end of life. Part of our requirements for installing Local is at least MacOS 10.15

You might be able to get the site to work, but not with the Preferred settings. For example, you’ll have to roll PHP back to 7.3.5 I believe.

Oh thanks Nick. Didn’t realise my OS was not supported. Usually my mac will tell me that prior to installing :confused:

I’ll try rolling back PHP or installing Catalina. If any further issues I’ll report back. Cheers.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you SO much Nick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear it @viddy6! Happy Developing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.