Error Installing WordPress on Local

Issue Summary

First of all I love Local. It is a great tool for WordPress development. It was working fine until I reset my pc. I reinstall Local of latest version. But it occurs issue now.

I read many articles on this topic in this community but none of those helps me.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    Ans: No, It only happens on custom environment. That means installing WordPress on PHP 7.3.5 works fine. But if I use PHP 7.4.1 or PHP 8.0.0 that shows this error.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Ans: No. It adds the site directory and into the directory it adds WordPress files.

But if I relaunch Local and open the site in browser it shows:

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    Ans: I am using Local of 5.10.3 version.

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Ans: I am using Windows 10 Pro.

• Attach the Local Log.
    local-lightning.log (310.7 KB)

From that error message it sounds like you need to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable. You can find the download links for vc_redist.x86.exe on this help doc from Microsoft:

After installing those updates can you try restarting Local to see if that fixes your problem?

Thanks for your help. I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2019. And it resolve my issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.