Error: Local was unable to import the following SQL files?

Hi, I’m trying to test my site to ready for a MySQL 8.0 upgrade. I’m not very familiar with this but followed the recommendations from a WPEngine session on this topic. Imported the site via connection on Local, and I got an error at the end of the import saying"

Uh-oh! Unable to import site.

Error: Local was unable to import the following SQL files:

· \app\public_wpeprivate\autoload.sql

And then when I try to open the site, it asks me for the database name, host, username, password.

How do I resolve this?

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @esoto101

Are you able to download a backup and import that as a workaround?

There might be some kind of issue with the database or some other conflict within the site files. If you’re still not able to import the site with the zip backup, we can provide details on a more manual method of getting the site into Local. If you’d like to reach out to WPE support directly, they could get a ticket going for you to look into the site files and try and root out a culprit.

For us to help further here, could you provide some more information if you’re still having issues?

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.