Exported Local site has different layout?

Hi - I’ve exported my site from a Local installation on my desktop to a Local installation on my laptop—trying to set up two identical websites—but the layout/formatting on the laptop site is all messed up.

As far as I can tell, all the settings for the two sites are identical, both in Local and in the wordpress dashboard. I’m using the same version of wordpress on both sites, and the same version of Local on both computers. I think the only difference is that the desktop machine is running MacOS 12.6.2 and the laptop has 11.5.2.

Any ideas as to what might be causing the issue? Thx!

System Details

Local version Version 7.2.1+6433

MacOS 12.6.2 / 11.5.2

local-logs-desktop.zip (28.1 KB)
local-logs-laptop.zip (30.7 KB)

Hi @radionowhere

Have you done any cache troubleshooting, regenerated CSS, or checked to see if there are any mixed content errors or pathing issues that would need stitched up?

thx Nick!

I have done several of these things, though i can’t say i’ve done comprehensive checks.

However, opening the laptop site in a different browser where I’ve never opened this site before and therefore there shouldn’t be any cache-type issues (right?) and I get the same layout issues…

You’re right about checking it on another machine, that should rule out any caching issues unless they are network related.

If you’re using a block theme with WordPress 6.3 you might be running into a known bug:

Yup - using twenty twenty three and running that command fixed it—thx!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it @radionowhere! Happy Developing :green_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.