Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Maximum function nesting level of '256' reached

Bug Summary

After I installed Starter Templates by Astra themes, I encountered this error that prevents loading the website but WP control panel is working.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Maximum function nesting level of ‘256’ reached, aborting! in C:\Users\Ad2048\Local Sites\arcedu\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-block-parser.php on line 83

Error: Maximum function nesting level of ‘256’ reached, aborting! in C:\Users\Ad2048\Local Sites\arcedu\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-block-parser.php on line 83`

What I have found that Starter Templates plugin installs “Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg” plugin, and when I deactivate this plugin, the website works!

Steps to reproduce

1. I tried to add xdebug.max_nesting_levels As in ths topic and set it to 500 and even 1000 but no results.
  2. Deleted and created the website multiple times, but still problem exist (even restart computer too).

Environment Info

• What Operating System are you using? Windows 10 Education
  • What versions of site software (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL) is used? Nginx
  • What version of Local is installed? 6.4.1+5978

Supporting info

Please provide your Local Log:
local-lightning.log (17.2 KB)

Hello @Abdo - thank you for bringing your question to the Local Community! :wave:

Do you need Xdebug enabled? If not, you could disable it using the following steps & see if the error persists:

For Local, that would look something like this:

1. Open the php.ini.hbs file for a site, under sitename/conf/php/php.ini.hbs
  2. Comment out the lines with a semi-colon that have Xdebug in them
  3. Restart the site to reload the configuration

Shared with CloudApp

Let me know if that helps!

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

Hello @sambrockway , thank you for responding.
I have did what you mentioned in Notepad++, saved it, stopped and restarted website and another error showed up to me:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in
C:\Users\Ad2048\Local Sites\arcedu\app\public\wp-includes\class-wp-block-parser.php on
line 461

There has been a critical error on this website.

I restarted my PC too, but didn’t work.
Also I noticed that when I refresh the page, the line number in the error message is changing randomly!
EDIT: I have 12GB of memory.

These types of errors may be due to infinite loops in the code somewhere. In this case, possibly the plugin you’ve designated.

1 Like

Yes, @Abdo - I’m thinking (as @afragen mentioned) that plugin you mentioned might be causing some issues on your site - especially since the issue is resolved when it is disabled.

Is that plugin necessary?

Sam

Hello there, Thank you for taking time.
I solved the problem, it looks like the theme I used has a problem, the contact block in the theme showed as “Block has been deleted or is unavailable.” in editing mode. but removing that block solved the problem!
Thank you @sambrockway @afragen for your support.

1 Like

Hi @Abdo -

So happy your problem was solved, thank you for sharing the solution.

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Happy you’re here,

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.