Fresh Install Copy of Local

Issue Summary

I just installed a fresh copy of local onto another computer (Brand New), However I am unable to create a new site or even import or pull, lighting services is missing I tried creating a new website and check Custom, the box where you get to choose which PHP version you want doesnt load or its empty.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? Fresh copy no websites added yet

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? NO, because it wont let me create even a test site.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

Download a new copy of Local from the website and install it as you normally would.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? 7.0.1

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Home Edition

error.log (265.8 KB)
local-lightning.log (474.0 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @shoyru777

Does changing your Router Mode make any difference?

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local on that machine?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Does changing your Router Mode make any difference?

no it doesnt

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local on that machine?

I have its bitdefender but i dont see it would cause this issue?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

I have XAMPP installed but i dont run it simultaneously.

Anyway, I fixed this by manually recreating the PATH that the error says and copied all the files inside the PHP folder from XAMPP since the only thing that was missing was PHP (when I tried to create a Custom environment.).

Only issue now when creating a new site is the Salt in wp-config.php file is put in the wrong place, which I will have to just manually move it above the /* happy editing */ comment

Hi @shoyru777 - I’m glad you were able to work out a solution. Thank you for coming back to share what fixed things for you here. Happy Developing :green_heart: