Group sites in folder in sidebar

Yes, this would be a great option, please add this.

I would love this as well!! I have so many sites and having a folder management system would be so great! A big +1 vote…

This would be HUGE!!! A small feature, but so great!

I freelanced sites for a year, now starting a new job, and everything’s getting mixed together.

I would love to see this feature too! Today when you have dozens of sites it gets really messy.

What makes matter worse is that there is no search function. So I need to scroll down and up looking for a specific site each time :frowning:
Please consider adding the grouping into folders, and a search function features.

Thank you for the best WP development software!

Hi friends! I am the Product Designer on Local and I wanted to share that I am actively designing this. I know it is a feature that has been asked for for some time and we have totally heard you. I can very much see how this is a pain point and something we want to solve for you. We have interviewed and ran usability tests on this feature and I am actively designing it. I think you are all really going to like it. Hang tight! It is coming! Thanks for being such an awesome group. We really appreciate you. Have a great day!

4 Likes

Hey @tysonreeder how’s your progress? Is there still hope for this feature?

1 Like

Hi @hmmux, I am the Product Manager for Local - yes, this is still planned for the near future! Tyson has finished his designs and the engineering team has reviewed them. The last step is to get it built! No ETA, but coming soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad to see this is in the Pipeline, Came here looking to see if this feature was available. As someone who has Work, Personal Projects and things like Custom Plugin that i develop, This would make things much easier to organise

1 Like

Apologies for missing this. Thanks Austin for jumping in. Yes @hmmux I am very excited for this feature. I know you all have been wanting it for a while. I think it is really going to help this problem. Can’t wait to get it in your hands and hear what you think!

1 Like

Yes please. +1 from me!

Folders will be very useful.

I need to group together clients and personal stuff.

Hi friends! Exciting news! This feature is available in the latest Local build. You can download it here. Local might prompt you of the new feature, but we are doing a slow roll out so it might not. But you can get the feature by downloading 6.7.0. Try it out and let us know what you think.

2 Likes

The changes are great, and will certainly help to make the site list easier to use. I do have one wishlist item though…

It would be nice if you could star a site, and have it appear in the Starred (or Favorites) group, but still be listed in its original group also. That way the sites stay organized by folder (in my case, by Client), but you can create a smaller subset of the sites that you’re actively working on. More like a symlink than a move, if that makes sense.

(and yes, I am aware of the “Sort by recently started” functionality)

1 Like

This is an interesting thought. Curious if this is how others would think the feature should work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.