Help with "Uh-oh! Could not start Live Link"

Issue Summary

I get an error message when trying to enable live link.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    All

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!
Clicking on Enable live link returns error.

local-lightning.log (450.2 KB)

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    Latest

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    macOS Catalina

• Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem! :sob:

All of a sudden, I have been unable to establish a live link as of 4 pm on Thursday 30 September 2021. Up until then, it was working perfectly. I’m not sure what’s going on or how to fix it. Please can we have some urgent support for this issue?

Local version: 6.1.2+5473
Platform: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Log: local-lightning.log (179.0 KB)

• The WordPress project was created from an older blueprint and Live Link was working out of the box.

• The same thing happens even if I create a fresh WordPress install and try to enable Live Link after the site is up and running.

• I only have one site running at any one time.

• I have tried re-downloading the app, deleting and re-trusting SSL certificates and even deleting my local library in my home folder and running a fresh installation of the Local app. Still no luck!

• Please help!!! I need to run the site on multiple devices to ensure that it is fully responsive and the deadline is next Monday. :confused:

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, with the same error message.

What has caused this? It seems to be since the last update.

error.log (1.0 MB)
local-lightning.log (212.6 KB)
local-lightning1.log (1.0 MB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.