How to access local url from another PC

Hi,

I managed to load my site on my desktop and it works fine, but can i access the local site from another PC (Laptop) on my network?

How do I do this?

Hey @Chrisn, Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

Are you just wanting to view the site through a browser on the second computer, or actually import the site on the second computer so that you can continue building the site?

If you only want to view the site on the second computer, then you should be able to create a Local Account which will allow you to use Live Links to share a direct link to the site with other computers.

If you are wanting to actually work on the site with the second computer, you’ll need to export the site from the first computer by right-clicking on the site and selecting “Export”

From there, copy the export zip file to the second computer and import it by dragging-and-dropping the site onto Local.

One other option to help backup and restore a site to different computers is to use the Cloud Backups Add-on.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to use the below option but use a custom URL to a specific page on the local site:

If you only want to view the site on the second computer, then you should be able to create a Local Account which will allow you to use Live Links to share a direct link to the site with other computers.

Live Links doesn’t allow that level of customization – basically, an auto-generated url will be used, which will be able to access the whole WordPress site.

Is there a specific reason that you need to restrict access to only one page?