How to transfer your website locally, from your computer to a hosting?

Hello, excuse my English as I am using a translator because I understand much more reading than I can write. I hope I can ask the question in the right place.

I explain myself with my problem.

The thing is that I am finishing developing my own website, through Local. The problem is that I am getting to the end of developing the whole design and I am quite new to all these things. In May, I think I would not even know how to install plugins in Wordpress. I had always used Blogger years ago for a website that at the time was successful within the sector to which it belonged.

Now, wanting to take up this website again, I decided to take more freedom to create it.

As I said, I am almost finishing it completely and the time to acquire a domain and hosting is approaching, so it worries me …

How to pass it from my computer to the Hosting that I select?
What should go up?

It is as if they told me “Go up to the third floor of that building”, but I did not know that my legs can climb stairs and how an elevator works. Basically.

If it helps, I am using a Mac Os operating system.

If you could help me without being too technical I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much for your possible help.

Hey @Littlecube, welcome to the Local Community Forums!

Great job jumping in and learning WordPress, and your question makes perfect sense! Deploying a site from Local can be challenging, but you have a couple of options.

The easiest would be if you decide to host with Flywheel or WP Engine. If you do go that route, then deploying the site is easy using Local’s Connect feature.

If you end up choosing a different hosting provider, then deploying a site can still be done, it will just take a bit more work to do it.

You can search these forums for some more ideas, but this topic has some good info and might be a good start:

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.