Move Local by Flywheel local wordpress.org site to Hostinger

Hi everyone:
I’m sorry, but I can’t find a solution to my problem anywhere. I set up a local wordpress.org site using Local by Flywheel. I purchased a domain name with Hostinger because they had the most economical plan, but I cannot move/migrate (apologies for not knowing proper tech terms) the local site I created to Hostinger. Did I make a mistake using Local by Flywheel or purchasing Hostinger? The plugins do not work. I tried FileZilla, which hasn’t worked. Help!

Hello
Did you get any solution?
I have the same issue
help please

Hi,
I migrated the WordPress websites (from wordpress.org) I made within Local to Hostinger through these steps:

(Within Hostinger account)

1. Migrate website” option

2. Use link to backup files” option (create a .zip folder with the content within public folder and then add the file for the database local.sql. Put the .zip and .sql into a drive like dropbox and make this folder accessible to only people that have this link, then input the link here for Hostinger to migrate the website from Local to them)

I used this guide How to Migrate a Website to Hostinger | Hostinger Help Center

Then wait for a max of 48 hrs and the websites should be perfect as their versions on Local. For example I got the notifications via email from Hostinger that my websites were successfully migrated but they were still broken and I waited, a day later, everything was working properly

only one of my WP websites did not migrate properly (some images weren’t showing and the page with the form showed errors and was unaccessible)

(within WP Vivid settings)
1.I installed this great plugin Migration, Backup, Staging – WPvivid – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org on the website on Local and the website on Hostinger

1. as suggested by this plugin, to migrate from Local by Flywheel to a web hosting like Hostinger, the manual backup is recommended (this mini tutorial is written on Auto-Migration tab of this plugin)

2. I then generated a site key on the Hostinger website and copied the key onto the Local website

3. I made the full backup on the Local website

4. I downloaded the full backup on my laptop

5. I uploaded the full backup of the hostinger website on the Backup & Restore tab > Upload tab of the WP Vivid plugin

Then check if all images have the right file path and that the URLs don’t end in .local instead of .com or whatever is your domain extension

Then you can safely delete WP Vivid plugin

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this @Leta!

1 Like