I can't install Cloud Backups

I can’t install Cloud Backups
I’m trying to add the Cloud Backups Add-on but I’m not getting it.
I go to the Add-on screen and click the “Install Add-on” button, which changes to “Installing…”
The circle showing the installation goes all the way to the end and doesn’t change. It gets stuck on the “Installing…” message and doesn’t finish the installation.
I already tried to install manually (Install from disk) too. I went to the repository, downloaded the file, compressed it in .tar.gz format, installed it, it was displayed as installed, but when activating it asks to restart the Local and when restarting it disappears. (The files remain in the computer folder, but the add-on is not displayed in the list)
Has anyone gone through this problem?
I’m using version 6.4.0+5927 and I have the Link Checker, Image Optimizer and Notes Addons installed

I’ve got the same problem. Did you fix it since then?

@venomdesign

What is your Local version?

Is it stuck on installing or are you getting any error messages?

Hey Nick,

I am using version 6.7.1+6369

It is exactly as wladymiserrano descriped. It starts installing, but it never finish. I see the bar (circle) filling and then nothing.

I also had problems login in to local, but that was fixed by temporarily making firefox my default browser instead of chrome…

The problem continues.

I am currently using version 6.7.0+6354

Hi all (@wladymirserrano & @venomdesign) -

I’m not able to reproduce this (I just uninstalled, then reinstalled cloud backups).

Thank you for sharing your Local version. May I ask, what is your OS? Are you receiving any sort of error or it just gets stuck?

Sam

Hey Sam,

thank you for trying to reproduce the problem.

I am using Windows 10, though my system old (2007).
I am not getting any errors. It just stops/get stuck when it seems like it’s almost done installing.

Hi @venomdesign

I saw that you mentioned having issues logging in previously:

I also had problems login in to local, but that was fixed by temporarily making firefox my default browser instead of chrome…

Are you still using Firefox or did you switch back to Chrome?

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

I can only login using firefox.

I do use Bitdefender as antivirus, which might block Local. I can try turning it off for a second while trying to install Cloud Backups

2 Likes

Hi @venomdesign -

Let us know if that helps (turning off Bitdefender)!

Sam

Hey,

I had no success after turning off Bitdefender.
I tried to install LocalWP and Cloud Backups on a laptop here (also while running Bitdefender) and there it just installs…

On my desktop-pc I tried uninstalling LocalWP, clean up the pc and then re-install, which didn’t change the situation as well.

Oh and maybe also good to note… None of the add-ins complete installing…

I opened the “development tools” to see if there would be any errors there and it bumped into some errors there. I did not check on the laptop if it shows similar results.

I will attach the error log below…
-1684493027680.log (31.5 KB)

I finally fixed it with a workaround found in another post

Installing Runs Forever - #21 by davidsneighbour

I did what Franck said… I added a folder named “@getflywheel-local-addon-instant-reload” in the folder
“C:\Users#Username\AppData\Roaming\Local\addons”

Then I found the install for Cloud Backups in my Temp folder
“C:\Users%Username\AppData\Local\Temp\local-5FkRfACKF\package”

The content in there I copied to the “@getflywheel-local-addon-instant-reload” folder.
When I started LocalWP I was abled to turn Cloud Backups on. I will try the same with some other plug-ins.

1 Like

@venomdesign

Thank you for letting us know your issue is resolved and what the fix was! Happy Developing :green_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi there, @wladymirserrano -

Do you want to try out what @venomdesign suggested in the response we marked as “Solution”?

Let us know if it works for you!

Sam

1 Like