I guess Local's database exporting is broken

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hey everyone, really need help on this one…

I have been working with Local by WP Engine for over a week now, and everything worked very well, until the time came to export the whole site. I am hosting with DreamHost, so I have to do the exporting and importing manually - I had no problems with wordpress site files whatsoever, but there is an issue with exporting the database.

Some context - Using the Local’s export function, the database I am given is the first ever version of it that I uploaded to Local. I know it, because the page’s code contains the old headlines, and I actually have put this database onto the live site, and I was surprised that no changes have taken place. I’ve tried using WP Migrate to export the database, but I am constantly encountering problems with not solvable foreign keys issues when dropping a database, being specific - “#3730 - Cannot drop table ‘wp_w8v8ih_cartflows_ca_cart_abandonment’ referenced by a foreign key constraint ‘wp_w8v8ih_cartflows_ca_email_history_ibfk_2’ on table ‘wp_w8v8ih_cartflows_ca_email_history’.”. Of course I tried dropping the keys, but to no avail, this error continued showing up endlessly. I’ve tried not including those tables in WP Migrate database export, but it gave the live site a critical error.

Now I don’t really know what to do, I am reinstalling wordpress on my live site once again, and what next? I don’t have a f*ing clue. All I know is that I wanted to leverage Local to my advantage, and of course this has to come with a price.

Please help.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version: 9.0.4+6699

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: macOS 14.2.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

You can export the database using the database tools Local can connect to from its Database tab, or by using the WP-CLI with wp db export and these should get you the current database. Or use any number of WP plugins that can export/backup the database.

If you’re running into critical/fatal errors these point towards to some sort of conflict within the site’s configuration such as with a plugin, theme or other code. For example do your Local site and Dreamhost site have the same PHP/WP/MySQL versions?

Do those tables/keys in your DB align with a certain plugin on your site? The plugin developers may have their own support documentation or community that has run into similar issues.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.