Is there a Maximum database size?

I have a 10GB database that I tried to connect to an instance of Local Lightning to no avail. It kept giving me errors so, I uninstalled Local and decided to install a LAMP stack instead.

However, I am ready to give Local Lightning another try and I am wondering is there a maximum size that the database cannot exceed?

I do not want to go throuh the trouble of reinstalling if I cannot get the database and Local to p,ay well together.

Hi @Cuzin,

There’s no set maximum to the database size, but there are upload limits in the built-in Adminer tool for database management.

How are you going about importing the database? Can you provide the errors you were running into?

Hello, Clay,

Thanks for the quick response.

I cannot accurately say, at the moment, as I have not yet reinstalled Local.

However, as soon as I hit that bump in the road, I will be sure to let you know.

For now, I wanted to get that cleared up before I “set sail” again.

Understandable! I’m eager to hear more :smiley:

Clay,

You mentioned

“there are upload limits in the built-in Adminer tool”

I am curious as to what they are and how to overcome them, if need be. The website, including the database, is approximately 14GB (compressed) and, as a result, it takes quite a while to import; like an hour or so.

I’m wondering why this question was never answered. I need to know.

Hi @zdmdesigns

Since this thread is quite old the information might not be the same but we can do some checking on this. Are you currently trying to import a large database and running into issues? I would expect it to take quite a while to import but there might still be some size constraints.

If you could provide some more details about your workflow and what you’ve tried we’d be happy to dig in.

I ended up using SSH in Local to force import: How to Import Large Databases in Local by Flywheel Sites - Igor Benić

1 Like

Glad to hear it @zdmdesigns and thank you for sharing that!