Issue Importing a Previously Exported Site (Windows 10)

I recently exported a site from Local, and then deleted the original local site (I have not deleted it from my trash). Now I’m trying to import the site, but after the import finishes - none of the original content comes over. It’s just a fresh installation of WordPress, requiring first time setup, etc. though it does include the plugins.

In site-statuses.json, I noticed that “rk1vNDWc7”: “deleting” is listed, but it never goes away.

I see the following warning in the log: “warn: [ImporterLocalExport] C:/Users/xxxxxxxxxxx/Local Sites/testsite01/app/sql/local.sql result
{ stderr: ‘mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.\nERROR at line 1: Failed to open file ‘C:/Users/xxxxxxxxxxx/Local Sites/testsite01/app/sql/local.sql’, error: 2’ }”

What am I missing?

Hey @aaadinolfi -

That error almost sounds like the files on the computer aren’t accessible within the Virtual Machine. You might try toggling “Faster Docker Volumes” from the “Advanced” tab in “Preferences” and then re-try importing the site. It might even be worth a restart of Local and the VM to see if that refreshes the mounts.

This usually is enough to flush out the file system mounts.

If that doesn’t work, can you attach a version of your local log? See
How do I retrieve Local’s log file?” for instructions on how to do so.

– Ben

Hi Ben, thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately enabling Faster Docker Volumes just results in a flood of “Restarting NFS Server” alerts in Windows, that don’t stop until I turn the feature back off or restart Local. When I restart Local, it automatically disables Faster Docker Volumes.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Anthony

Yes. This is exactly my problem too.

Hey @aaadinolfi

Can you provide your local log? See
How do I retrieve Local’s log file? ” for instructions on how to do so.

We might be able to see the error within context of other actions.

– Ben

Hey @happyetah

Can you provide your Local log? See
How do I retrieve Local’s log file? ” for instructions on how to do so.

– Ben

Hi Ben,

I’ve attached my log file. This is still an issue for me unfortunately, I just went back and attempted to create the site from the backup again – no luck. So the information you need is most likely to be found at the bottom of the log with todays date and referencing failing to open the local.sql file.

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [main/docker-router] runContainer()

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [ImporterLocalExport] Setting SQL_MODE to ‘NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO’

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [main/docker-network-manager] removeExistingNetworks

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [main/docker-network-manager] createNetwork

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [ImporterLocalExport] Importing C:/Users/User/Local Sites/MySite/app/sql/local.sql

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - warn: [ImporterLocalExport] C:/Users/User/Local Sites/MySite/app/sql/local.sql result

{ stderr: ‘mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.\nERROR at line 1: Failed to open file 'C:/Users/User/Local Sites/MySite/app/sql/local.sql', error: 2’ }

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [ImporterLocalExport] Resetting SQL_MODE to ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [main/docker-router] reconnectNetwork()

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [ImporterLocalExport] Updated wp-config.php. C:\Users\User\Local Sites\MySite\app\public\wp-config.php

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - info: [main/wpSearchReplaceDomain] Changing database domain for 509e52e909b527370c8bc46dda5bbb98ee90b77db8035a48f9c3121785cb7f61

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - warn: [main/SiteModel] wpInstalled not returning “installed”

{ stdout: ‘’, stderr: ‘’ }

Nov 2, 2018, 2:20 PM MDT - warn: [main/SiteModel] wpInstalled not returning “installed”

{ stdout: ‘’, stderr: ‘’ }

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

local-by-flywheel.log (169 KB)

Hey Ben, I installed the latest Local update today (which also included a VirtualBox update). I’m now on version 2.4.6 and it allowed me to toggle Faster Docker Volumes without the flood of error messages. After installing the update and toggling the Faster Docker Volumes option, the site was correctly imported and is now functioning as expected.

When I go back to Faster Docker Volumes, it is switched back off again. I received a message that Local has successfully disabled the feature, and that my NFS was restarted. Basically, the Faster Docker Volumes feature does not appear to remain enabled, but the site is still operational so it’s not really an issue anyway.

Thanks!

Thanks for writing back and letting us know it worked out!

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.