Issue with local router again

Hello,

I tried to install the Local newest version again (I was running the old VBOX one). Unfortunately, on a clean windows install, I am still unable to make the new version work.

I still get the same error "Local router is having a trouble starting:

I tried disabling the firewall (Defender only, no AV), but it did’t help. I also checked if the port 433 is occpuied by something, but it’s clear. (the VirtualBox version worked, so it should be open).

My error log looks like this:
2020/04/05 02:46:03 [emerg] 4864#20148: bind() to 0.0.0.0:443 failed (10013: FormatMessage() error:(15100))

(the same thing like 50 times)

I am lost now, nothing should be blocking it, but the app is still not able to work on both of my Windos machines. I don’t understand why this Windows version exist, when I am not able to make it work on two different machines.

Two interesting things:

1. Mailhof works just fine

2. When I switch the router to localhost mode, it also works, but I really want to develop sites with HTTPS enabled. So this is not a fix for me.

Thank you for your answer!

Maybe this will help.

Unfortunately, this is niot my issue. There is nothing taking the 443 or 80 port (I use SSL = port 443). IIS is not pre-installed in new windows installation, so the feature or the service does not exist in my system. Also as I said, the Virtualbox version worked, so the port can’t be blocked.

I will try some random app to let it use the port 443 to check if something blocks it, but I can’t find any traffic or port blocking on it via all the tools.

Your error above looks like something is already bound to 0.0.0.0:443, which is why the error displays. You might see if those references help to search the source. I’m on a Mac so I don’t know of the correct terminal command.

VirtualBox is its own self-contained environment. You can’t make comparisons that easily. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.