_ Local by FlyWheel is slow whenever Cyberghost VPN is running. _
- This happens to every Local site not with a particular one.
I noticed that if Cyberghost VPN is running, all my Local sites (localhost with Local by FlyWheel) are loading extremely slow (~30 secs). I tested it multiple times, tried to change settings in Cyberghost but with no result so far. If i close Cyberghost completely Local Sites are loading fast enough (~1 sec page load time)
You could take a look at our help article on performance here:
However it sounds like the issue is to do with some sort of throttling happening with Cyberghost since Local works normally with that disabled. You might check their Help section for further assistance on the topic: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us
Hi, thanks for your answer.
I received the following answer from Cyberghost Support, quote :
"Concerning the matter at hand, allow me to inform you that opening ports/hosting servers will not be possible while connected to CyberGhost.
CyberGhost has Port Forwarding Disabled on all servers. This is in place due to security reasons. Therefore, I am afraid that we do not guarantee that you will be able to access your local host while using CyberGhost, as this activity will require port forwarding. When the VPN is established, it’s established end to end, meaning from your machine directly to our VPN server, but other devices will be left outside of this tunnel, and access is not possible while the VPN tunnel is active. "
But… for some reason DevKinsta (local environment similar to Local DevKinsta – Your Free Local WordPress Development Suite) seems to be working just fine with Cyberghost VPN enabled. Sites load pretty smooth and i haven’t spot any issues so far.
Screen capture - 4b55e80a37e01111004d6da650045567 - Gyazo - you can see this recording i made of a site made with DevKinsta.
On the other hand, Local sites load extremely slow, ~30 secs for each load/page reload.
It sounds like CyberGhost is blocking or throttling port access.
One option you could try would be to change your Route Mode from Site domains to Localhost. This disables some features in the app but overall the experience in the same.
More details about this and troubleshooting port conflicts here:
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.